COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, because when they are too long on, they get wet, and wet and warm is good for micro organism, ..
The Problem for Medical Staff is that there is not that much time between 2 "Customers" and if there are on the emergency station where they have to deal whit Covid Cases, there might be no time for a Break or something..

Im no Medical Staff, i have a Beekeeper Store, sometimes there are hours between customers, ...

Medical staff generally change their entire ppe arrangement between wards, masks included I believe.
My point was that the idea we don’t need to wear masks in public spaces like a confined shop for hours in between client visits is illogical, unless the air is completely cycled, filtered etc. within an appropriate timeframe. Otherwise an infectious employee could be filling up the air in that space with viral aerosol and a customer coming in could then be infected, whether or not the employee then puts their mask back on (though hopefully the likelihood of that happening is reduced by both employee and customer wearing their masks correctly). Remember, we wear masks to help protect others (and ourselves to an extent but mostly to protect others). It’s others’ wearing of masks that helps protect ourselves.

Something that could really help in this sort of scenario is the installation of 207 - 222nm wavelength UV-C ceiling lamps.

I wonder how many employees don’t wear a mask when there is no customer..
also there aren’t that many customers so I don’t think the whole air in our store is contaminated..
Also i have a window on my Counter..

Whe ditnt had any case yet, so I don’t think it’s that bad as it sounds..

Something that could really help in this sort of scenario is the installation of 207 - 222nm wavelength UV-C ceiling lamps.
Yes, but you'd have to exit the shop and stand outside (or perhaps you've got a rear stock partition that's lightproof) because otherwise it's rather easy to get a fatal dose of sun tan with those lamps.

Pfizer scientists are working on two SARS-CoV-2 protease inhibitors :

• PF-07321332, which is orally administered, and
  • PF-07304814, which is intravenously-administered.

Yes, but you'd have to exit the shop and stand outside (or perhaps you've got a rear stock partition that's lightproof) because otherwise it's rather easy to get a fatal dose of sun tan with those lamps.
Not with the wavelengths I specified...

While NL government is debating G2 (the covid pass only is accepted to vaccinated, and not negatively tested people), Israel is protesting
Post automatically merged:

FAdYnMpWEAQJbE2.jpeg

Translation: The motion from $(right+ultraright parties) to NOT make the coronapass mandatory in open air (for example: open air festivals, carnaval, Beer-fest, etc): has been rejected.

While NL government is debating G2 (the covid pass only is accepted to vaccinated, and not negatively tested people), Israel is protesting
View attachment 37532
Translation: The motion from $(right+ultraright parties) to NOT make the coronapass mandatory in open air (for example: open air festivals, carnaval, Beer-fest, etc): has been rejected.
The motion was for having no covidpass for outside use. The prime-minister (Rutte) stated there is no intent of instating 2G, and other parties clearly indicated they are against any such measure if they are proposed. But if more EU countries would do this, Netherlands usually follows anyway as most EU countries do. Not sure how much big events are held in autumn/winter conditions, probably more due to not having them for a while.
What if you just 'hire' 1000 people as employees and organize a company party... employees can't be checked.

I find the naming (2G/3G) matching phones, but in this case 5G would be even better (2G is vaccinated/recovered, 3G is vaccinated/recovered/negative-test, 5G includes faster internet and less power draw?).

that has a very different meaning in Germany...

The motion was for having no covidpass for outside use.
I interpret the meaning differently: It's: "In the future, we should not use mandatory covidpass for when outside", which was rejected by vote (Netherlands reserves the right to implement that measure in the future).
So if you remove the double negation, would the question have been "Mandatory covid pass for the outside".... then the chambre would have voted FOR this motion.

What if you just 'hire' 1000 people as employees and organize a company party... employees can't be checked.
Could it work if you get employed to be able to get into the bathroom, and then get fired once you are outside, that would take lots of paperwork, right?

My Mobile Provider just disabled 3G
Netherlands is keeping 3G one more year. (july 2022). And by then I REALLY need the libreM or working Pyra phone. (although I still have an old android lying around, so that's my current backup plan)

My 1X phone still works in the US. Just barely though.

Back on topic: COVID-19 hospitalizations just fell below 3000 in North Carolina after peaking around 3800 about a month ago. I think Delta is wearing off, even though North Carolina's vaccination rate isn't particularly high. My county is one of the few remaining hotspots right now though, it seems.

Its more like: O2 disabled 3G, not Germany.. , i think at least 2G should still be on or some other sort of Mobile Cellular, because you need something as backup for Catastropic Warn Systems, ..

Allthough i dont know how this Corona Warn App works: If its only works when the other User have Internet, its clear i dont have any contacts..
If its also works whitout Internet, i would say im the only whone whit this App.., maybe i should then deinstall it and only keep the CovPass App.. but on the other side: I have a 256 gb Iphone, these few MB more or less dosnt matter much...

Two of my colleagues are off sick with the exceptionally bad colds. They both tested negative for covid so I suspect a new variant that current tests don't detect.

I think @HelenF is right.
We missed a lot of little bacterias/virus which make us stronger, and the lack of movement made us weaker.
Not to mention the weather chaos. Here in France we had no summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back