COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were in a high risk group (which I doubt), then you might be able to call yourself a hero. I wouldn't call you that, but you could.

Thanks for the thought though. If you do die, please don't forget to let us know.
Just ask ED right after 2 Months™ when my Pyra is ready. If I did not get it then you can be pretty sure that I'm dead.

Your're a shitty canary, if we cannot be sure that it hits you first and hits you hard and cannot be sure that we'll know about it, when it happens. So, sorry, but application denied.
If he does have the riskiest behaviour of all of us in terms of meeting people, he's likely to spread it to all of the people he meets before he really gets sick with it. So yeah, not so much a canary, more of a potential superspreader ;) :eek:

No offence intended but I doubt I'll care at that time. Believe I might getting mine at around the same time as you.
I think that you misunderstood me. The point was that if I did not get my Pyra when it's ready then I must be dead because if I'm alive then I'd do almost anything to get it ASAP. So when my Pyra comes out ED can see whether I'm alive or likely to be dead.

If he does have the riskiest behaviour of all of us in terms of meeting people, he's likely to spread it to all of the people he meets before he really gets sick with it. So yeah, not so much a canary, more of a potential superspreader ;) :eek:
Actually, because no one here meets me in real I'd be just a canary to everyone here.

I think that you misunderstood me. The point was that if I did not get my Pyra when it's ready then I must be dead because if I'm alive then I'd do almost anything to get it ASAP. So when my Pyra comes out ED can see whether I'm alive or likely to be dead
I'm not sure you intend this, but your posts are enterainingly hilarious sometimes.

Safety last, profit first:

First series of "vaccines" were untested, so I wonder what now means not to have a lengthy testing.

Just been informed that my uncle has been released from the ICU, after three weeks on a ventilator. He has had COVID-19 for 4 weeks now and is still testing positive. He is slowly improving but all his major organs (lungs, kidneys, liver, heart) have suffered irreparable damage from the infection. He's 50, and was previously a hill walker/potholer/mountain climber with no prior health issues.

It's unlikely he'll walk again. Just bad luck I guess, and his future is uncertain as his immune system appears to be keeping the virus at bay, but not killing it.

Crap.
Ask for hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin no matter what, as we now know that it works.

Just been informed that my uncle has been released from the ICU, after three weeks on a ventilator. He has had COVID-19 for 4 weeks now and is still testing positive. He is slowly improving but all his major organs (lungs, kidneys, liver, heart) have suffered irreparable damage from the infection. He's 50, and was previously a hill walker/potholer/mountain climber with no prior health issues.

It's unlikely he'll walk again. Just bad luck I guess, and his future is uncertain as his immune system appears to be keeping the virus at bay, but not killing it.
So sorry to hear he’s been this badly affected but it’s good that he’s slowly improving. Modern medicine/science/physio is pretty incredible so I hope with rehabilitation there is scope for some improvement in his ability to walk in future.

People who still insist that this is “just flu” be damned...

Safety last, profit first:

First series of "vaccines" were untested, so I wonder what now means not to have a lengthy testing.
"untested" may be an exaggeration, but yes, they went into massive use without knowing if they prevented contagion, long term effects, etc.
Yet deaths seem to be sinking in elderly residences as vaccination goes up, so that's good.
I don't understand medicine, but the clinical trials by the manufacturers themselves were scheduled for 2 years.

I know there's a lot of clever people doing their best and collaborating as much as they can, but still I'm afraid of the rest of the people who knows nothing but takes so much blind faith in vaccines that won't require any evidence whatsoever. A couple of months of clinical test were already little. If you add greedy managers and responsibility waiving contracts, I'm not all that relaxed to hear they shorten any tests.

I don't know how long tests should be, but I very much fear this is not going to be stopped by vaccines. At least in the EU vaccine supply is not at all sufficient (let alone development of new vaccines). If we're not vaccinating people fast enough it's obvious we won't be able to stop the new variants with new vaccines. The virus seems perfectly able to mutate faster than we are able to vaccinate people (even if we magically had perfect vaccines the next day a new variant appears we'd lose).
It would be wiser to spend more time testing vaccines, and once tested make sure supply and application is faster.

But the way to stop the virus and its mutations is lockdowns (and masks, handwashing, social distance...), not vaccines.
People want to rush untested vaccines to avoid lockdowns, to forget personally about restrictions once they are vaccinated for one variant, and to give away health data to private companies (COVID passports, health records given to pharma or almost) without waiting to think whether there's any reason that will stop the pandemic. In Galiza they just passed a law to fine people who refuse to be vaccinated when offered. Why? Astrazeneca just said (and denied) it could supply half of the promised doses in Q2 2021.
Can't they just offer the dose to some other Galician when one refuses ? They won't vaccinate them all anyway, not before the virus changes and they have to start over.

Edit: Sorry if I was EU-centric. Of course if the vaccination doesn't reach the whole world, the mutations will keep coming back to invalidate the vaccines, so no point in rushing new vaccines for the rich if you don't figure out how to vaccinate the world.

Last edited:
I assume the first two rounds of testing will still go ahead, which basically prove together that taking the drug isn't likely to kill you or injure you after a few weeks (which is well after the time any posion would take to affect you). It's only the third phase, to which you put a more pointed question like 'does this give us antibodies' or 'does this stop us getting the disease badly', that will be curtailed I guess. That's how it's worked for the vaccines thus far released; they're still in the middle of their phase three trials.

I guess the main folk memory that's affecting the uptake of this somewhat justifiably is the memory of the thalidomide scandal. That went through all of it's testing, but it never tested conceiving and pregnant women. Thalidomide is still not a very well understood drug, it affects the immune system and the endocrine system (hormones) it subtle and logically discrete ways. These vaccines on the other hand are rather better understood in the primary action, and side affects to these approaches seem unlikely.

Yellow zone = "We are free !!"... *Movida*
Orange zone = "We can't do anything" ... *Everyone to hairdressers*
Red zone = "Dystopic government"... *All piled up complaining in public places*

In Galiza they just passed a law to fine people who refuse to be vaccinated when offered. Why? Astrazeneca just said (and denied) it could supply half of the promised doses in Q2 2021.
Can't they just offer the dose to some other Galician when one refuses ? They won't vaccinate them all anyway, not before the virus changes and they have to start over.
Spain just testing mandatory vaccination out on one province. To see how they react and testing how they will do it in the rest of Spain.
Fine is high (60000 euro) especially if you have a family (and your whole family unit is not vaccinating) then you are stripped of all your belongings with just one set of fines.
Note that Europe said that it's countries should NOT (the official article has uppercased this word) make vaccination (i.e. genetherapy) mandatory.

pushing new vaccines for the rich
Or rich countries that offer double the price and then are able to secure enough for all their population, at the expense of the other promises.

Last edited:
Spain just testing mandatory vaccination out on one province. To see how they react and testing how they will do it in the rest of Spain.
Fine is high (60000 euro) especially if you have a family (and your whole family unit is not vaccinating) then you are stripped of all your belongings with just one set of fines.
60000 € ? I didn't understand it so. The article says:
Contémplanse multas de até 60.000 euros por saltar confinamentos e inclúese un réxime de sancións de até 600.000 euros en tres niveis -leve, grave e moi grave- para penar o rexeitamento a vacinarse ou a someterse a probas diagnósticas, caso de as autoridades sanitarias estabeleceren a súa obrigatoriedade.
I interpret it to mean that those who break the lockdown will be fined a sum up to 60 000 €.
But in case the heath authorities decide to impose the obligation to be vaccinated or have diagnostics tests made, and a citizen refuses, then the fine is up to 600 000 €. It depends on the severity attributed to the case, which I haven't bothered to look up how would be decided.
Doesn't matter that much anyway. The idea is clear whatever the fine.
Also, not sure it is Spain sounding the waters. Apparently it's the Spanish Popular Party (or its Galizian branch, the Madrid branch might disagree?), who have absolute majority in Galiza. The article says other parties voted against.
The Spanish government (by different parties) may or may not agree, but I doubt they care how would the population react.
Spain has its own police to take care of the population, the Galician government I think that it doesn't (although you could say the Spanish Popular Party still has the judges, but that would stray even farther off topic).

Or rich countries that offer double the price and then are able to secure enough for all their population, at the expense of the other promises.
Yes, I meant rich countries.

@Pirat All your base are belong to us.... madness. The article does not state the exact causes to a maximum fine.
It's fun to be able to read it in the language, although some words are funny, like "saltar confinamento" which translates to jump(skip) confinement(quarantene).

If it was in the Netherlands, additionally you could also not leave the country when you still have to pay fines to the state (you get denied exit). Has happened with people with unpaid speeding tickets and what not.

Post automatically merged:

And a video introduction to the pdf above:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back