COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

About criminals who authorize untested vacc... drugs:

washing myself.
Are you sure it's not just Peony doing the washing?

The number of cases have doubled this month
Ok, might be because there are more people testing themselves because they want to go on holidays?

and deaths are up slightly too
That IS strange, it should be at it's lowest, just before the heat comes and you get more deaths due to heat (mostly people of old age).
Although we had a fairly hot week 2 weeks ago here in NL, so it might be that that's the case too in UK?

You may say that, but frankly, if the risk to myself of going to the pub is worse than a hangover, I won't be going.
The risk is calculated, and most are bad at math. But look at the other side too: Humans are social beings. Going to the pub is good for mental health.

might be because there are more people testing themselves because they want to go on holidays
This is probably it. My fully vaccinated neighbors contracted asymptomatically and were only tested because they traveled. This supports my feelings that further restrictions are innappropriate.

Yay, going down for the northern hemisphere! (as expected, yearly biorhythm)

Ouch, Linus has no knowledge outside of Kernels and Linux?
First of all, there is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

And then: He thinks of Experimental Kernel things in PROD environments just like he thinks of EXPERIMENTAL mRNA... he just applies the patches. However https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-yum-downgrade-packages-on-rhel-centos-fedora-scientific-linux/
We can roll back Kernels, you can not rollback your blood clot producing cells.

Dangerous when flying in a plane ( he's an old article saying that statement is true; here's one that says it is not true - who to believe? CDC now says it's a moderate risk basically, up in the air, there's no ambulance to take you to the hospital if you collapse). See how that third statement is actually middleground? Linus does not go for the middleground, which is ok for kernel based decisions, but not for things outside his field.

Then, there's weasel words:
"...they do *not* need to have any of the other genetic..."
Oh, but they have... J&J is mass produced by stemcells (called iPS or 'induced pluripotent stem cells'), and during the purification process, well, let's say there are trace amounts of these or your yield is lower.
AND there's adjuvants and vector and so on... like a TCP/IP encapsulation. But.. are you sure the CRISPR sequence is that and only that? And that NONE mutated producing some other thing than spikes? It shouldn't, but it could... just like a PC does not come out of POST every time (There's no guarantee, although it most often does)

Then, there's:
"and you need to start protecting your family and the people around you."

For me, that means you first need to get informed. Then take a step back. And for me, the answer was not "Oh, look 99% survival rate; let's take part in this experiment and go for an additional 7% chance of permanent damage". All around me they hold tightly to their jar of dirt.

I DO think the Kernel Mailing list is NOT the place to talk about vacc's.

I went shopping downtown today and it was almost empty. No tourists. Yay!
Poor shops, it's now the moment to make some money to pay for the rent of their buildings, to have some cash to stock up for xmas. Thanks for shopping there.

the kernel mailing list isn't the place to question the established vaccine science, but the pyra forums are?

mRNA vaccines have a lot of promise, and i'm excited about their future. (and also how they've helped with Covid.)

Poor shops, it's now the moment to make some money to pay for the rent of their buildings, to have some cash to stock up for xmas. Thanks for shopping there.
I wonder how it is that a location can become more valuable and thus raise rents for business space there, but can not become less valuable due to Covid.

I need to start distinguishing asymptomatic cases from those that require treatment. The number of hospitalizations is basically flat:
1623689159136.png

Last edited:
I wonder how it is that a location can become more valuable and thus raise rents for business space there, but can not become less valuable due to Covid.
Well, there was this USA scandal that Antifa & maybe BLM was hired to hold manifestations/looting just on the streets that had high value, so to spiral it downwards by scaring customers, destroying the businesses and then buy the location up for cheap from the struggling owners.

For that second part I can only talk about Amsterdam. Here when you sell your house, you re-evaluate it . Houses that are not re-evaluated are extrapolated by the neighboring houses. The city then asks more taxmoney for having that more expensive house. The only plus is that this allows for a second mortgage. And a higher price for your house.

the kernel mailing list isn't the place to question the established vaccine science, but the pyra forums are?
Yes, kept in their own thread in a separate "Off topic" compartment. With tools like "ignore thread". What's the problem? Now take a mailing list... Sure, you make a few email aliases, subscribe to different lists with these different addresses (linux-kernel, linux-net, netdev, etc). Then let the mailclient thread. Then... in my case, never look at it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back