COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been through 5 lockdowns over the span of 12 months and honestly it's been worth it everytime to control this thing considering that this can kill a person or wipe out an entire retirement home (We had that happen here when it spread there).

I'm fully vaccinated, was since I was elligable to do so and feel that everyone should step in to help protect everyone (When eligible) around them as this thing is spreading like wildfire (I sure hope there's nothing worse that comes out of the Olympics, think Zuul (Ghostbusters) type bullshit).

The amusing thing is, that people who think that it's all a hoax will protest (unmasked), claim that vaccines are for mind control, use the internet to do their research and believe some random site that someone else wrote from their mind. It's all crazy talk.

Actually, many right wingers claim to be "sheep dogs" which means they should be protecting the sheep from the wolves (why else would they need so many guns and armor), but they still seem to look down on the sheep, so maybe it is only in my circles that this is the case.
I think real sheepdogs look down at the sheep as 'others' who need to be herded. For the sheepdog, he's in the same clique as the farmer, and they're running around to do work for that man. The only question for these human sheepdogs is who's their farmer, who's their man? Meh, it's probably Trump.

I'm fully vaccinated, was since I was elligable to do so and feel that everyone should step in to help protect everyone (When eligible) around them as this thing is spreading like wildfire (I sure hope there's nothing worse that comes out of the Olympics, think Zuul (Ghostbusters) type bullshit).
Are you promising us a young Signorney Weaver in a floaty dress? Hubba hubba!

There was an interesting study done on vaccine effectiveness as reported on BBC Inside Science this week. Basically it's most effective in virus control to vaccinate the spreaders, even before you vaccinate the most at risk. And the assumption is the spreaders are mostly younger people, up to about 35 say, who feel the need to go clubbing and stand in sweaty rooms too close to everyone around them.

I wonder if North Carolina will start updating its COVID-19 numbers on the weekends again anytime soon. Things are trending in the wrong direction, but I guess they're still nowhere near their previous peak yet.

FB_IMG_1627235360749.jpg

So, North Carolina's weekend numbers are up, and they continued in the same direction. They've already scheduled a press conference for Wednesday, so I assume they might be reinstating some preventative measures.

Tests percent positive was 10.4% in North Carolina today. Still waiting on that press conference tomorrow, where I'm almost certain they're going to reinstate some COVID-19 prevention measures.

Edit: CNN says the CDC is announcing new mask guidance today at 3 PM ET too, in about two hours.

Last edited:
Whoa, huge finding spotted in this article.

When earlier strains of the virus predominated, infected vaccinated people were found to have low levels of virus and were deemed unlikely to spread the virus much, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said.

But with the delta variant, the level of virus in infected vaccinated people is “indistinguishable” from the level of virus in the noses and throats of unvaccinated people, Walensky said.

The data emerged over the last couple of days from 100 samples. It is unpublished, and the CDC has not released it. But “it is concerning enough that we feel like we have to act,” Walensky said.

Whoa, huge finding spotted in this article.

Not that surprising but why such a small sample size and why haven’t they released it yet?

there is no such thing as too close
Then I invite you to stand close to this: (at the 2:02 mark.... new word learned: Spaghettification)

I'll put this here, because it's quite political and sweary but it's largely about covid.

Ohh.. that's bitter! Fanning out sh*t in buckets. I like it a lot, there's this mix of tranquility of the music itself and the acidic sharpness of the lyrics that sounds right...

I learned about that by reading the Red Dwarf novel I think.
Post automatically merged:

Not that surprising but why such a small sample size and why haven’t they released it yet?
When that say it's unreleased they normally mean it's awaiting review before it's published in a peer reviewed journal. But yeah, 100 people is a small size for this kind of study.

A long debate but well worth the read, not just for those in the UK to see how their legislators are acting, but also for those outside the UK whose own legislators may be considering - or have already implemented - the same sort of proposals:
Genuinely contains several seriously salient points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back