COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being *that guy*, it’s only fair to point out that children are often very intelligent, more so than many adults give them credit for... That doesn’t excuse wilfully disseminating disinformation but it doesn’t mean that we should automatically dismiss people simply because of their age

My Federal State (Saarland) just send me a reminder on my Vacination on Saturday via SMS and Email, this is what i call a Service,
and our Canceler Merkel dit call the Internet "Newland" some Years ago ^^

My Goal was to drive myself to the next Date, and it works out ..

I think a big news story is flying under the radar here. Jesse Jackson and his wife are still in the hospital battling COVID-19. The big story being that although Reverend Jackson, being a community leader, got his shot in public in January to help convince others, his wife was actually unvaccinated, all the way up until now. I’m wondering if maybe she had a special reason for not being vaccinated, like an allergy, but the articles don’t seem to mention any.

I think a big news story is flying under the radar here. Jesse Jackson and his wife are still in the hospital battling COVID-19. The big story being that although Reverend Jackson, being a community leader, got his shot in public in January to help convince others, his wife was actually unvaccinated, all the way up until now. I’m wondering if maybe she had a special reason for not being vaccinated, like an allergy, but the articles don’t seem to mention any.

wat

Unlike other societies, the western society is made in a way that every adult human (except some cases) is able to choose how to live their lives. Now some man like to keep their woman in the kitchen and beat them daily until they vaccinate. But Rev JJ is not such a person. She did not even divorced him for that.
You should meet with brother men, and note that there's a matriarchy in their culture, just like with latins (mexicans, italians) and turks and slavs, etc.

I'm more up in arms about the fact that if you have am aussie lost dog (I do not remember the town), or in the kennel, they just euthernized them so you don't need to pick them up.. anymore.

Last edited:
I'm more up in arms about the fact that if you have am aussie lost dog (I do not remember the town), or in the kennel, they just euthernized them so you don't need to pick them up.. anymore.
You got a link for that? All I can find about dog culls is in India, Pakistan and China, but I did find this:

Poor kitties. That's a much bigger number than of the dogs.

Yes, of course:

Here's one with enough details to understand the situation:

Here in NL animals get culled too. During covid many people took an animal in. And now that work resumes, they get rid of it because there is no time to take care of it. When animal shelters are full, well. They get to put to sleep. We just look the other way.

Ah right, the problem in my search was I translated 'lost' in your post to 'stray' in my search. They're not strays, they've just been separated from their owners and have found their way into the shelter.

Here, it's more of less the same every year; a glut of animals comes in a few weeks after christmas. If they're older or not that pretty looking and unlikely to be picked out, they get the needle full of downers. Kennel space is limited so you can't keep them all. But yeah reportedly the covid break was like the chirstmas to end all christmasses.

1630060024274.png

I would hope that Bulgaria, United States & France have decided to accept deaths* in exchange for freedom and (mainly) GDP. An alternate explanation is these countries are still relatively restricted but the measures aren't working (for whatever reason, dodgy science, non-compliance, half-assed measures, etc).

Is France open for business?

Can Bulgaria even lockdown?

The US is a free for all. Can't comment there.

Actually it seems both are true of the UK. We now have few covid restrictions (international travel is not fully open yet afaik). Since the UK is almost 90% vaccinated this suggest vaccines are not a panacea. But the slope is much more gradual. Good.

I'm wondering what the equilibrium of deaths will be "living with the virus". 0.3 deaths per 100 thousand. Is that a lot or a little? Does that mean if you have 300,000 people with covid ~1 will die a day?

Last edited:
First? official case in UK that the corona vaccine killed a person:
Confidence in AZ is so low that the local gov decided to use Pfizer for under 40 years old. And the surplus of AZ is going to be sold to Africa.

Australia: Truckers go on strike against all the covid measures:

Hey, ANTI-spikes!

What's in a name? ZyCov-D is 66.6% effective.

I would hope that Bulgaria, United States & France have decided to accept deaths* in exchange for freedom and (mainly) GDP. An alternate explanation is these countries are still relatively restricted but the measures aren't working (for whatever reason, dodgy science, non-compliance, half-assed measures, etc).

Is France open for business?
From what I gathered, there are many factors playing in the number of cases/deaths. For example, the temperature and humidity have a huge impact on the spread of the virus. The state of the hospitals will have an impact on the death/cases ratio, but so will the average age of the population. So you can't explain differences between countries just by comparing the measures they took/are taking.

France is more or less open. Shops are opened, some of them require a vaccination pass (or a recent negative PCR test) though the enforcement varies a lot from place to place. People will tend to gather more, and to remove masks and pay less attention to social distancing now that they're vaccinated. I

First? official case in UK that the corona vaccine killed a person:
No: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58330796
Reportedly 72 people have died in the weeks following an AZ vaccination. This is just the first newsworthy one where people might have heard of the person prior to the event. Some of them will probably have been hit by a bus or something else unrelated killed them, and this should be seen against a total vaccination rate of 28000 making the chance of death following the AZ vaccination due to any cause one in 400, which acually is surpirsingly high. Perhaps this is why they're limiting the use of the AZ vaccine to only certain older age groups (and the very old and infirm got pfizer anyway).

At least as long as there is no mandatory 3th Vacination in Germany, im now ready, or at least in 2 Weeks..
the second shot was also quite issue less, this time in the left arm, im also allready scanned the second QR Code ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back