COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
PXL_20210916_212643703~2.jpg

-> This year in the UK 1.2% of people who died with covid were fully vaccinated.

-> This year in the UK 1.2% of people who died with covid were fully vaccinated.
Yep, somewhat confusingly the Metro went on to say that most of the people had had one vaccination or been within 14 days of receiving their second. It seems more likely to me that vaccine refewers were more likely to represent the majority but then I'm not a statistician so what do I know?

I was sitting in a Fastfood Restaurant whit a BIG M on its roof, and i had the oportunity to sitt in the Restaurant because im dual vacinated,
It was quite Lonely because it seems like i was the only one who had this "privileg"..

So "Vaccination makes Lonelely??"

I don’t know about lonely per se but seemingly jobless (or at least without salary) in certain occupations in France, Italy...

It’s interesting because yesterday FranceInfo radio announced the news that Italy would require a “pass vaccinale” (vaccination certificate) for everyone working in the private and public sector there. But that’s not actually the case; as reported on CNN it’s a “health certificate” that they require (so it can also be a sufficiently recent negative Covid-19 test certificate instead of a vaccination certificate).

Today, NRJ radio in France played an amusing piece poking fun at the inability of some prominent French anti-vaxxers (“anti-vaccin !”) to be coherent in a recent online broadcast, where the mocking rock song included a phrase that anti-vaxxers could find the vaccine up their posterior. One listener had thought they’d heard “anti-vagin” so wrote in to complain at the radio station for persecuting people with vaginas with a song encouraging them to find something up their posterior...

Later, they were discussing that ambulance drivers (“ambulanciers”) are generally excluded from consideration of front line healthcare workers in France because they are classed as being in the same category as taxi drivers, even though they are clearly also on the healthcare front line. When asked whether the healthcare worker vaccination requirement applied to them, an ambulancier interviewee confirmed that, yes, it does still apply to them and it’s really concerning that France is looking at losing ~13% of its ambulanciers because of this requirement. They’re equally worried about the number of carers who worked in EHPADs (care homes) who will quit/be fired as a result of this requirement.

This was followed by an advert for yoghurts at the E.Leclerc supermarket chain, at the end of which there was a rapid piece of health advice to move more, except that it was “pour votre santé, bougez plus”. Often in colloquial French the “ne” is ignored when forming a negative phrase so it’s perfectly possible for this phrase to be translated as “for your health, stop moving” (the sense in which it is often used in films/animé etc.)

Last edited:
Ok i wasnt not that much thinking about when i wrote about my "Lonely" meal that you can lost your job when you dont be vaccinatet in some countrys...,
the only disadvantage i had from my Vaccination was the fever and cold i got on the saturday after the second shot, im feeling fine now..
i know its selfish: I moan about lonelyness on MC Donalds and lots of other dye from covid or suffer from rules against covid..

No - it's worse than that. My father in Switzerland was turned away from a cafe because he didn't have the covid pass app. He doesn't have a smartphone, actually he has never used a computer. So they are forcing him to get an iphone. It's horrific.

If i remember correclty: In Germany you dont need the App, but at least the Vaccination Pass (a small yellow book whit your Vaccinations, something a lot of us just lost because bevor Corona it wasnt that neccesarry...)..
My Dad ditnt got the QR Code, but he got the Vaccination Pass as they made the shot on our own Doctors Office,
I dont have the Pass, i got a little Card whit the Vaccination Stickers and a bigger Cardboard whit the Stickers as a spare, and the 2 Certivications whit the QR Code..

You also dont need an Iphone, just something that can read QR Codes and is running the COVPASS App,
Even the cheapest Chinaphones are able to make this..
Or if you dont want a Phone, i think Android Mp3 Players or Ipod Touch should also work whit the App..
Or even the Pyra whit a Camera Adapter and the Covid Pass App as this was Opensource if i remember correctly..

EDIT: In Germany, you can get the Paperform on Drugstores (aphotheke)

Can't you order a paper form? I did in the UK and it comes with a barcode on it. I've laminated it but I've not had to take it with me anywhere yet.
Not sure, but from what I've heard, you can even photocopy a paper from a friend and be allowed in in lots of places because nobody checks identity and those papers don't carry a photo, just a name.
It doesn't even have to be a friend. You pose as an attendant somewhere, take a photo of some stranger's pass, of someone who wanted in, pretending to scan some QR, and print that to impersonate him elsewhere. It's ridiculous.
It's just pretending. It's not a mesure that even tries to be effective.
It's terrible for privacy that random people can have the right to identify you and know some health details about you.

I'm not sure being vaccinated prevents infection, or how much. I've read contradictory reports, and I'd have to research the references to understand if they take into account the fact that vaccinated people feel fewer symptoms, so might be more
likely to move around when infected instead of staying home and maybe isolate. It's not only about whether a vaccinated person spreads it less than an unvaccinated people in the same situations, but whether they get equally often in contagious situations.
I'm quite confused. If it stopped contagion in any appreciable way I don't understand those outbreaks in places with most people vaccinated. If it doesn't I don't understand some gatherings that seem to have little consequence in spread.

I know someone who had COVID-19 this summer despite having had 2 Pfizer doses, and felt terrible, and the funny thing is they told him they would have taken him into intensive care if he wasn't vaccinated, but since they knew he was vaccinated,
they prognosticated he'd heal without it, and they were right. I guess he could be dead now without the vaccine, but at least he would be recovering from intubation.

Ok i wasnt not that much thinking about when i wrote about my "Lonely" meal that you can lost your job when you dont be vaccinatet in some countrys...,
It's ok. But beware, a similar measure is not so far south from you as you might think. I don't think you were alone because all others were unvaccinated (not even all people able to eat there ;-p ). I think it's quite reasonable to be vaccinated but avoid places
that require a health pass, out of privacy concerns (and health concerns if you don't agree with the health pass criteria).
It’s interesting because yesterday FranceInfo radio announced the news that Italy would require a “pass vaccinale” (vaccination certificate) for everyone working in the private and public sector there. But that’s not actually the case; as reported on CNN it’s a “health certificate” that they require (so it can also be a sufficiently recent negative Covid-19 test certificate instead of a vaccination certificate).
I've heard unvaccinated, unrecovered workers must be tested every other day (and pay for it themselves, which isn't cheap). That's for COVID. For lung or throat cancer it doesn't matter. Workers can meet each other outside the office and smoke a few times a day.
It's not unheard of that someone started smoking because than was an excuse to take a break at their job.
Or workers might eat unhealthy. Or be sedentary. Or keep an unoptimal health which makes them more likely (than whatever gold standard) to catch infections and spread them at the workplace. One worker might be vaccinated for COVID but commute for longer than an hour each way in crowded public transport and another might be unvaccinated but live alone and walk masked to work.They may pose similar COVID risks for coworkers.
Once you start firing people for their (even unwise) health decisions, or disease risks, it's a slippery slope.

But nobody seems to know how often people muss be vaccinated for the health pass to be valid. Some places in the EU are starting to give 3rd doses to immunosuppressed or some elders. So I guess it's not enough to know when was someone vaccinated, one must also know how strong is their immune system, how old, whether it's living in a retirement home or at their house, which brand of vaccine they got... Did they skip their 3rd, 4th, etc... dose ?

No - it's worse than that. My father in Switzerland was turned away from a cafe because he didn't have the covid pass app. He doesn't have a smartphone, actually he has never used a computer. So they are forcing him to get an iphone. It's horrific.
It's maybe offtopic, in this thread and in this forum, but somebody should start an NGO about saving the unsmartphoned. At different places and times I've heard of problems by those without a smartphone for:
  • health pass (though a paper version might be available?)
  • vaccination (apointment requires filing a web form with a mobile phone number, and once weeks later unappointed vaccination was available the staff there still required the mobile phone number. Since there was none, the staff entered a false number. So that in case the citizen got a dose of a faulty batch the system might not have been able to warn him or call him to hospital for checks or whatever, would they'd have found others means of contact when not reaching him at the false number?)
  • internet banking (specially in lockdowns when banks are unwilling to let people visit offices for in person banking, they also charge for the in person service)
  • contracting a landline (web forms that require a phone number and send a verification code, or even require a selfie and a photo of your ID card - silly authenthication)
  • Having a landline serviced when it stops working for days. Someone has FTTH and VoIP phone at home, but not a mobile phone. Then it stops working. The person goes to a shop for his ISP and asks for either a technician to visit him or to let him carry his equipment to an ISP for repairs/replacements, since the ONT didn't light any led anymore). He's told he can't bring the equipment to repair and they won't send a technician if he doesn't give a phone number that the technician can call before going,to check there's someone at home.
  • booking hotels, flights, etc. at some pages.
  • some parking meters (not sure of alternatives)
And then they blast criticism at how insecure people keep their smartphones and how ignorant they all are, but we don't let them live without it wheteher they know how to keep it secure or not (if that's even possible).

I have a dumb phone that can recieve texts. For my first batch of vaccination they sent me a link by text. I entered that into my computer and filled in the forms there, which got me my appointment and I was away. For the second dose I think they called me. Having a dumb phone and a computer you can often achieve similar things than the smartphoned, but have more control about it.

An FDA advisory panel says only people aged 65 years and older should get a Pfizer booster.

This isn’t the final decision, but the FDA almost always follows the advice of its advisors.

I have a dumb phone that can recieve texts. For my first batch of vaccination they sent me a link by text. I entered that into my computer and filled in the forms there, which got me my appointment and I was away. For the second dose I think they called me. Having a dumb phone and a computer you can often achieve similar things than the smartphoned, but have more control about it.
You're right. That's probably the best option given the situation. But that still requires a contract, maybe monthly payments, and SMSs aren't secure anyway, so they shouldn't be used for authenthication. Once a company has your mobile number they will assume you have it always on and will use it to contact or spam you, even if you prefer email or snail mail. And dumb phones are still tracking devices if you keep them charged at all.
More and more often, companies or institutions have become bolder with requiring mobile phone numbers, and some start to require that you install their app in your smartphone (so they dictate which OS your phone should run, or give just 2 options). As if they could require you to trust their coding practices, their providers and toolchains, and steal your computing resources for the privilege of dealing with them. Websites are often not much better, pulling tons of unnecessary javascript from who knows where, and leaking referer headers to font or image CDNs.
I'm just getting too old.

Huge protests against the pass in Paris today. As usual it's the army who try to contain the protesters, but today it goes completely out of control.
The Gare de l'Est train station is currently invaded, Gare du Nord next :^)

Motorcycle cops followed protesters who vanished in Gare du Nord, now they look like complete asses X^D

@Linux-SWAT All I see is bored gendarmerie... and motorbikes like it was a motorclub.

Guess I'll have to rewatch it later (to rewind back)

Police have no mandatory vaccine for the simple reason that, like most french, police hate the current government and stopped to obey like dogs to bully the population.
A lot of police protests happened since the election of the jackass named François Hollande. Macron, who followed, is from the same family.
That's why it's now the army who's in charge of anti-pass protests.
And of course the gendarmerie is bored because they hate even more Macron and the other criminals than the police. But they obey better :^)
I don't know if "vaccination" is mandatory in the army.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back