Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there was a bit in Italy AFAIK from an Italian.

Today in Paris is like a Sunday with a bit less people in the streets. It's almost like everything is going back to normal.
Many people without masks. Many joggers running seeing other people.
No police in the streets.
A 60yo laughed at me because of my masks and gloves.

As often, I find myself agreeing with Bruce Schneier on this one.
Excellent article. Dark omen of "vigilance for the next plague is going to have to be permanent".
Post automatically merged:

NL hospitals now use normal tape instead of medical tape to put a cotton on after getting some blood. The bed where you lay on barely has paper (that paper that gets rolled further for the next patient is reused). And they are quite full tbh.

A 60yo laughed at me because of my masks and gloves.

iu

:^)
I look more like a ninja with some cabbage in his bag actually :^)

Another moron laugh at me, he was around 55, so I guess he'll be dead soon.
It's a bit sad that while idiots like him are "removed", they still can infect and kill some potential Einstein.

A neighbour who had cancer was like "everybody has to die some day", I tried to warn her that she should not go out but "she knows".
A cousin finally realized that not having masks in a strategic stock sucks when a pandemic arrives.
Still a lot of fake joggers in the streets, going out to see friends, and exhaling tons of viruses while running. This is where my ninja skills serves me, allowing me to avoid them with a reverse salto..

^ Tell these haters that they have to deal with public masks from now on. And that this is a normal thing in Asia even long before Corona. I always wondered why the rest of the world does not wear face masks in public when you have a flu. Just to protect your environment. It should be a normal thing, even without Corona.

I thought the story of the virus starting in that Wuhan lab was probably not true until I watched and read the video and story below , now I'm pretty convinced it did

Last edited:
I thought the story of the virus starting in that Wuhan lab was probably not true until I watched and read the video and story below , now I'm pretty convinced it did
Reportedly China notified the WHO of a new cause of pneumonia which quickly evolved to be proven to be a new coronavirus coming from Wuhan on December 31. The WHO have migrated and updated that page or at least somehow broken the source link to that wikipedia claim mind you but it's been there in some form since that page went up in early January, so it seems I can't claim anything dodgy's going on there. If you ignore the spiral of contrary views happening on social media then it's pretty clear it came from wuhan province in China. They even release a representation of the genome on Jan 11th apparently (you'll probably gave to click through consent pages and deactivate firefox's protections if you follow that link, but I include it as evidence if required).

Some music to lift the mood from some artists who've recently passed due to the effects of covid-19.

In case you didn't already assume this despite the previous health info that had been put out

Why is it that scientists are saying this only now, it boggles the mind. How many stories each day do you hear about a person who was infected infecting dozens of others just by being at the same party or wedding or dinner etc
It's not like it wasn't obvious. Were we really meant to belive those people walked around to 30 other people at a wedding and coughed in their face

Last edited:
I know plenty of people who spit when they're talking. Presumably it'd be the same if they were singing but I don't know about that.

But yeah, if it's coming out via bioaerosols emitted during normal breathing even then I'm glad we got a delivery from the supermarket yesterday, and the cupboards aren't looking as bare now.

If they use a human-size condom it should be ok, no ? (I think I've seen that in a movie, maybe a Zucker brothers one)

Still too many people in the streets here. Why the fuck ?
I talked to a guy working in a hospital. He says that if there's not that much deaths in Germany, that's because they have way much intensive care beds than in France.
He was incredibly cool, but also very demonstrative about his anger vs the lack of masks and beds. He got the balls as we say here.
There's a guy upstairs, he's alone in the smallest room you've ever seen. He says he's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back