Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Link to daily WHO updates on coronavirus, new update is released every 24 hour.
WHO has started reporting clinically confirmed cases just like china.

In the UK today they announced that all but one of the confirmed Covid-19 cases thus far (so 8 out of 9) has got better and left hospital, having been tested clear twice. Seems that if your containment is adequate you can eliminate transmission, and with sufficient medical abilities people's symptoms can be treated and they will get better by themselves, because I don't think a cure has been developed yet.

Last edited:
No way, it's still doing the rounds in South Korea and now apparently Italy, and it's still killing new people in China.

Actually reading that Reuters link, it seems they have a handle on the transmission route in every case, so it's not as bad as S.Korea or China yet. But if it does spread in Lombardy, that could be quite bad for Europe.

Huh? I thought this epidemic was over?

Unfortunately from the statistics it looks like it's just getting started outside of China. Here's a neat site I found a few days ago: https://covid19info.live/ . Click the "Show More Graphs" button and you'll see a clear acceleration of confirmed cases in the "Outside Mainland China" graph.

The "Global Infection Acceleration Rate" plot looks kind of strange as well; the periods of ups and downs are relatively constant but the amplitude is increasing dramatically. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that yet.

I wonder if the fragile world economy will break due to this. And if so: will it impact the Pyra launch?
It well might practically break Amazon Marketplace tat almost all of which comes from the far east. And probably ebay while we're at it. And of course if it spreads within Italy then all bets are off, but the fact you can't but so much tat isn't probably your greatest concern if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back