Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
The French police (as the police in many countries) is quite racist. In ordinary situations you rarely seem them harass people in the streets... unless they've got a darker skin. Even the people I know inside the police tell me this. They've got huge problems of people joining the police just because they like beating up people and feeling superior and being a policeman is one of the few ways to be able to do it legally.

As for the articles about suburbs people, I'd be wary of them. Compare and contrast the tones of these two articles, published the same day:
This one about brave parisians who couldn't resist the call of the sun and dared go outside. Because "with this weather it's hard to get out"
This one about how police and justice have to be harsh against the indiscipline of young people in the suburbs
The first one spends a long time empathizing with the people, telling their stories, etc. while the second is only seen from the point of view of the police.

I knew one cop who is like the one you describe. He was a hooligan before :^)

The articles are different because journalists can't interview some of those guys without taking the risk of being beaten. But you're right to be careful.
Anyway I have direct feedback saying that it's more tense from day to day there.

Macron: "Tout le monde il est beau, tout le monde il est gentil".
There was a lot of padding in the beginning, he thanks everyone. He also gain time congratulating.
He thanks the ones who stays at home "following the advice of the government". So he knows that it's better to stay home.
He didn't say a word about the real lockdown so the ederlicide can continue.
He said that "there's a flow of fake news". Especially those targeting him for his mismanagement ?
He wants volunteers so he basically admits the mismanagement.
After years of destruction of France's healthcare system by himself and the System, he pulls out of a hat a "massive investment plan". Way too late dude, way too late.
And where will he find the money ? In the pockets of the citizens.
He thanks a lot the army. Of course, because army has the power to kick him out without a coup.
Doesn't sound that much different the the UK in reality. Our health service is saying there's a general lack of equipment they need, and are asking for people to help out. While the austerity government has drastically underfunded all our services for more than a decade now, nobody's really focusing on that for now, trying to score political points. F1 engineering firms and now famous vacuum cleaner maker Dyson are making more respirators, and as I said people are offering their bodies and their cars to support the health service.

Every country should be on full lockdown. Why wait for more people to become infected before you do so.
Each day you wait means many more people become infected and brings you closer to overloading your hospitals resources. And if you are worried about the economy , it also mean the longer the recovery will be.

Waiting is a lose / lose decision

Who knew this stuff could happen, right?
Maybe a lot of people knew, but instead of preparing most countries saved money on healthcare.

Everything is okay, but we do look into how to reuse masks, getting ex-healthcare workers to volunteer to help out, expanding our IC's and are worrying we don't have enough medical equipment.
this_is_fine.jpg

Groovy and catchy song! Watch how Wakanda Uganda does it.

Latin america seems fine so far. It seems to me that africa too. Even after carnaval in brazil, the virus didn't do such destrucion as spain/italy/france. Could it be a biome/human race thing? Or just that we are still booting the pandemy? Here at my place, state of santa catarina, we were the past 9 days confined home. Of all the people I know in brazil's many states, I haven't heard yet of a case of corona close to them, and I know people of many economic classes. If we are just late to the "party" least that gives us a chance of learning from the rest and possibly get to it while the world already has advanced cure potion. 2k infected and 60 lifes, mostly on the high level capitols like sao paulo. It worries what such could do on a 3rd world, the caos could scale to civil war. Think Venezuela with a 700 daily bodycount. On the other hand, violent deahs on the third world beats any large scale war deaths annualy. As an easy up joke, corona might not suceed in brazil as it has to work with zika, chikungunga, malaria, dengue, yellow fever, hemorragic fever, sarampo, and about 20 other misery deseases, it might not have room to act! ;)

Looks like Donald Trump will definitely lose the election at the end of the year, because America is so fucked right now.
I wouldn't count on it, many thought this for all other events that happened before to.
Even with this happening people don't appear to vote for Sanders, who is clearly the most pro-healthcare.
But who knows what happens.

corona might not suceed in brazil as it has to work with zika, chikungunga, malaria, dengue, yellow fever, hemorragic fever, sarampo, and about 20 other misery deseases, it might not have room to act! ;)
That reminds me of some movie or tv show, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Some older fellow - I think - that didn't get sick of something, because the illnesses he had were legion and they cock-blocked each other, or something like that.
Anyway, if SARS2.0 tries in Brazil, you'll probably just Capoeira it away. :)

Latin america seems fine so far. It seems to me that africa too. Even after carnaval in brazil, the virus didn't do such destrucion as spain/italy/france. Could it be a biome/human race thing? Or just that we are still booting the pandemy?

It's probably temperature related. Respiratory viri seem not to do as well in hot weather. The Southern Hemisphere areas with colder climates may have some problems once winter arrives in June.

Yep, I don´t believe we are free of it. We are probably early on it.
Still, I´d think a national party like carnaval should have spreaded it quite a lot, but it seems it didn´t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back