Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear my Neckscarf as my Mask because i m too less of an medizian to know if this corona thing is real or not, but better save then sorry,,
Of course it's real; there are dozens of genomes recorded of variants of this virus, and there are tests for it and people have died from it. Unless there's a massive conspiracy and all of these scientist and doctors and journalists are doing this for massive shits and giggles, it seems unlikely to be unreal to me. Or do you mean you don't know if it's in the people you come across daily? Yes, that's one thing you can never know.

And I'm a little concerned that your neckscarf might not be dense enough to function well as a mask, but I don't know your neckscarf or what it's made from.

I ditnt made that much Research, why should the gouverment lay in therms of this Virus?
Wouldnd this be too much effort for to less gain?
"Of course Jews are dangerous, why would the government build all those camps? Would that not be a too much effort if Jews were innocent?"

I wear my Neckscarf as my Mask because i m too less of an medizian to know if this corona thing is real or not, but better save then sorry,,

Also this Virus isnt the same as god, if this virus exist, then it wouldnd care if you beliefe in it or not,,

Its your problem if you dont belief in this virus, but please put a mask on so peaple who beliefe or had health issues are save
I'm not really worried about masks and to some extend I agree with the "better safe than sorry" mentality. I even wear a mask inside stores if I must. It's the physical distancing, mandatory vaccines, locking up people at night, and destroying of economies that I'm worried about.

I want to add a bit more fuel to the fire in this thread :)

I am FASCINATED by the dimorphism of the answers in this thread. It is utterly utterly interesting to see what 100% of the discussion (after I derailed it, once again apologies, I did not check the earlier history of the thread) fall into the following behavioral categories:

* Complete compliance and deference of authority to the group.
* Utter disdain for authority / total anti authoritarianism.

It is absolutely fascinating to watch. I have seen this with the most clarity since the election of Donald Trump in 2016 when the left effectively left me behind and morphed into this bizarro combination of authoritarianism through the demand of total and absolute compliance to the group.

Obviously, we have all seen this throughout our lives, we are highly compliant chimpanzees and are always working through the individual vs conformist behaviours which are self contradictory in nature.

I bring that up to share with everyone here something I heard like 25 years ago or so, one of those deepities () I couldn't forget (you guys might find this just as interesting as well):

PROPOSITION: Did you know that a certain type of obligate prey animal (ungulates like horses, cows, giraffes, etc.) once shared an ancestor with obligate carnivores (like wolves, cats, etc.) that feed on them? Do you know what one line of reasoning for the evolutionary split is?

That one line of reasoning for the split in the species is basically that one group decided to run toward danger (fight) and another group decided to run away from danger (fight). A hundred million years later, one branch of the species eats the other because of that simple change in the root tendency toward one behaviour versus another. There are a lot of other reasons that we can think of to explain the split, but, watching just how scared ungulates are of everything around them and how lions literally look THROUGH their pray supports the proposition at a certain core level to my mind.

Look at the top right of this evolutionary diagram: http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2014/paulson_kate/1024px-An_evolutionary_tree_of_mammals.jpeg

Wolves / cats come from the same ancestors of bovidae / cervidae / moshidae about 86 million years ago or so.

I am not saying that we are necesarily going through a similar split now. Statistically we are bound to dissapear as a species altogether if we don't get off the planet (and I don't think we will) before a split happens. However, I am endlessly perplexed by just how strong the desire to believe the authorities of one half of the posters vs. the other half (that I belong to) to dismiss any authority and look at everything with skepticism.

I bring this up because I was thinking about how far am i willing to go to disobey orders to wear a mask and further down the line to get vaccinated. If you don't know, there are plans already in place to require a vaccine visa in order to travel between countries, there are plans for forced vaccinations in various countries already, some place are mandating 100% usage of masks and where we went from "this lockdown will only last 6 weeks" we are now into "this lockdown is already 6 months in, we expect to see it go into 2021 at least". And, watching this thread and watching just HOW WILLING 50% of you are to go along with this bullshit is utterly fascinating.

So, on the one hand, there is a huge group of idiots willing to go along with these idiotic plans. Then, there is another group of idiots (my group) that is seeing a whole set of patterns the other group simply cannot see or imagine. It got me thinking about whether or not I will wear a mask / get a vaccine or not and why.

Then, I watched a few videos and started to see a splitting of the narrative:

* The SJWs (the main group followoing compliant behaviour patterns) is starting to be called racists. This split in the narrative is perhaps not entirely related and might be indicating a split in the main group of compliant behaviour followers into two groups, one of which is moving toward the right and away from the left.

* The non compliant group of users seems to be not only growing in a stable manner, they are starting to discuss authoritarianism and compliance in two ways: half of the authoritarianism is planned and being implemented by force via shadowy figures (Bill Gates is now part of this narrative, quite funny) and the other is half of the authoritarianism is coming from the observation that a lot of the controls starting to materialize that did not exist even 6 months ago are as a result of the self emergent nature of systems (think how ants can solve complex problems through emergent self organization properties of different ant species).

The more that I see of the controls that are starting to emerge in western countries, the more I don't like that I see. I can honestly say that the more people tell me we need to wear mask, we need to get vaccinated, we need to submit, the more I hear them tell me that I need to be afraid.

I have to tell you, I don't share that fear. In January, I had fear. Now? Not even a little bit. The longer this goes on the more I can see my decision being no masks and a greater willingness to not only not participate but to participate in helping people take this entire infrastructure down.

Talk is cheap of course. As λ the β-Redex Reducer Jr. said, it's not the masks. It is the rise of this GIANT set of control mechanisms that will never go away once they are in place is just wrong. It is being put into place by a set of mechanisms driven by fear, not driven by bravery.

The people in charge, throughout the system, are weak and compliant. These are not my kind of people.

The same System that protect us for the Virus, could also get used to depress the citicens,
But the big problem is: how to deal whit the Virus instead ?

Im a bit insecure whit this Buff, i know, but better a Neckscarf used the right way, as a serious Mound and Nouse Protection used the wrong way..
I keep a lot of distance, customers that comes too near get kindly asked for distance, or if this isnt working, i can also get behind the counter, where im more in distance..

Life is not as black and white as you make it out to be. Unfortunately radicalists want us to believe that, and in the echo chambers of the internet, this is getting more attention than it ever deserves.

Did you notice that the person telling me life is not black and white wrote a sentence and I wrote an (okay, it's mind numbing) essay that tied evolutionary biology, psychology, politics, a bit of self deprecating humour with currently relavent issues and how it affects my particular set of decisions going forward?

I accept the critique, but, you could put a little effort into it.

:)

EDIT: Also, are you sure that you couldn't be turned into an extremist? I think it could be done very easily. All it would take is for MS13 to cross paths with those you love.

Maybe life is more extreme than we want to admit?

Last edited:
\o/ Sorry, yes I accept I was glib, and glossed over most of what you said. This is what I read:

I want to add a bit more fuel to the fire in this thread :)

I am FASCINATED by the dimorphism of the answers in this thread. ... what ... blah, blah... 100% of the discussion... blah, blah... fall into the following behavioral categories:

* Complete compliance and deference of authority to the group.
* Utter disdain for authority / total anti authoritarianism

... blah, blah, blah...

And the above was my underwhelming, lackadaisical answer.

I do understand you put more effort in your post than I did, so you have my apologies for that.

ClockworkCoder, thank you kindly, but NO NEED to apologize.

I can't beleive anyone reads anything I have posted so far. My thanks for having fun with this! Trash anything I post please.

The same System that protect us for the Virus, could also get used to depress the citicens,
But the big problem is: how to deal whit the Virus instead ?

Matzesu, I wanted to post in the other thread about the funny references to face masks. I had to stop my self from posting as I have done too much damage already.

To pick a couple of bits out the monster wall of text...
PROPOSITION: Did you know that a certain type of obligate prey animal (ungulates like horses, cows, giraffes, etc.) once shared an ancestor with obligate carnivores (like wolves, cats, etc.) that feed on them? Do you know what one line of reasoning for the evolutionary split is?

That one line of reasoning for the split in the species is basically that one group decided to run toward danger (fight) and another group decided to run away from danger (fight).
It's expensive to be a hunter; you have to be extremely fit which is actually still a life limiting tendency even now, you have to run around chasing things whenever you're hungry. Compare the life of a herbivore; the food is just there growing on trees, and you can pick it at your leasure. If only we were all herbivores, life would be much more pleasant, it's just those pesky carnivores that mean we have to breed so hard and rely on numbers.

It is the rise of this GIANT set of control mechanisms that will never go away once they are in place is just wrong. It is being put into place by a set of mechanisms driven by fear, not driven by bravery.
These measures are already being taken away; the pubs and the hairdressers are open even as this virus rages locally to me. And this virus doesn't care if you're brave or not.

If only we were all herbivores, life would be much more pleasant,
Or frugivores, of course.

it's just those pesky carnivores that mean we have to breed so hard and rely on numbers.
And omnivores, piscivores, and insectivores.

I agree that the best food chains are those that go directly from plants to animals and have only one link.

In my Job, i have lots of customers, but my "German Corona Warn App" ditnt meantioned any Risk Gathering in the Time i used it,
I dotnt know if this thing actually works on my Place, as Customers dotnt have Internet in our Shop, as its an old Building whit a lot of Steel Armoring where Mobile Cellular Signals dotnt come in.., so Customers whit the Corona App where Offline, only the Phones of our Employes got the WLAN Code so there are allways online..

Also a part of the a bit older customers, what is not that unusual in this Beekeeper Busines ditnt have a Smartphone or the Corona App..

Have you really done enough personal research into COVID-19 in order to warrant such a violent attitude or was the propaganda in the news enough to stir you up? If it's the second case then you're a fine example of how fascist governments can raise to power.

i've seen examples in the media about people who were being asked to wear a mask suddenly go berserk. and i've heard anecdotal evidence of people in Ohio verbally abusing people who are wearing masks.

it shouldn't be a political issue, it should be about the science, and that is pretty clear. wear a mask, save lives, it's that simple.

next you'll start getting up in arms about doctors needing to stop the natural treatments of leaching, or needing to use clean running water to wash their hands...

The people in charge, throughout the system, are weak and compliant. These are not my kind of people.

again, if you believe your position is super original and well thought out, these forums are not the best place for them. at best, you'll get people to accept your position on meager evidence, which will turn them into the same type of people you despise (weak and compliant). have a rigorous debate in the field of social science, write some papers, etc.

a while ago, i read an interesting thought piece on medium. my Google-fu is failing me, but it had to do with the premise that everyone in the world has a button, and pressing that button destroys the world (e.g. big bomb goes off). because of our advances in technology, that might be true soon (e.g. custom biological warfare).

in that sort of reality, do you really want people who are dicks or a-holes? having designer babies that aren't as violent or headstrong is probably not a bad idea. that doesn't mean you eliminate critical thinking, because you still want to advance science, health, and so on. but you definitely don't want chimps in power that are eager to use nukes...

i've seen examples in the media about people who were being asked to wear a mask suddenly go berserk. and i've heard anecdotal evidence of people in Ohio verbally abusing people who are wearing masks.
Since wearing masks and being violent are AFAIK orthogonal to each other, I'm not surprised that people can cherrypick examples where mask wearers are violent. I'm not sure what those cherrypicked examples are supposed to prove, though.

it shouldn't be a political issue, it should be about the science, and that is pretty clear. wear a mask, save lives, it's that simple.
You're stating that we should follow a certain policy right after declaring that it should not be a political issue.

Second, who is "the science"? Science is a method, not a person of group to believe. You probably mean scientists, but there is still a lot of disagreement among scientists about masks, so you cannot mean all of them. So what criteria do you decide when you choose which scientists are "the science" and which are not?

Either way I'm not going to argue much against masks. Masks are by far the least offensive issue among the COVID-19 measures and in fact wearing masks in pubic is the only COVID-19 measure which I would not mind too much if it becomes mandatory where I live. If you think that we should wear masks for flu season as well then you're at least consistent.

next you'll start getting up in arms about doctors needing to stop the natural treatments of leaching, or needing to use clean running water to wash their hands...
That's just a strawman. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by making wrong predictions about me.

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in … four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.
I'm in the not-so-unique situation where I as a human being simply cannot take the risk if in four years the vaccine turns out to have destroyed my health.

again, if you believe your position is super original and well thought out, these forums are not the best place for them.

You are taking this too seriously. No one is trying to win. This is a conversation among friends and everyone is having fun. Have some fun, I would like to hear more of your thoughts.

I will respond to the other part of your post later. That is a doozy!

Last edited:
Aaaaand ... here we go: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...sory-universal-vaccination-column/3289948001/

I only posted my concerns last night. These days I only have to waith 24 hours for any insane idea that I have to see it reflected as a demand somewhere in mainstream media.

Everyone should be able to see what is wrong with this article, it is obvious on the surface.

EDIT: Oh, look, more: https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...-who-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine-attorney-says

How is it that ALL of the media is ALWAYS ON MESSAGE all the time at the same time?

Last edited:
one other point, @Robert Taylor , while your points might seem freethinking compared to the MSM, they are not very original when it comes to far right viewpoints. it doesn't sit well to claim that the left is compliant and submissive since it follows the MSM talking points, but not have the understanding that this would apply equally to people who profess the right's talking points.

in fact, there was a study in the US, where they checked the submission to authority tendencies for people on the left vs the right. you can guess who toes the line more frequently based on what their party believes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back