Crack in silver case

n6pfk

Still Fresh
A crack appeared overnight in my new pandora.

http://potter-pod.com/crack.jpg

I am not a happy camper.

This unit also has intermittent recognition of a card in the left hand sd slot and the microphone appears to be dead.

Can this be a lemon.?

I have sent an email to ithic.com to see if I can RMA this unit with him.  It took almost 3 weeks to get this from Germany to Virginia.

Looks like the sort of stress fracture that might have occurred due to the side tab being out to me, which in turn may have happened in transit or due to a fall. But the dodgy left SD sounds like an RMA issue to me (assuming the user is using a decent SD card, that is).

>>This unit also has intermittent recognition of a card in the left hand sd slot

ouch... did you try dmesg to get the information about the recognition before sending it in? Maybe you did upgrade from the craig queue and got a repaired one?

>>the microphone appears to be dead.

Did you set the volume? Mine seemed to reset the recording volume to very low each reboot, still, for me, the default example to get an echo worked, as did the one in the phone jack.

It is intermittant with different cards. I tried all of the fixes to .asoundrc and the conf file in /etc and used an external micorphone and the wav file is always empty of modulation.

Back