Craig's Latest Tweet

D4damage

I should not find this funny, but I do. The van we use for collecting goods from the airport just burst in to flames. What a day!

— Craig J V Rothwell (@Craigix)

October 4, 2010

[mod edit] Not everyone can access Twitter :) For those who missed it in the other threads, here's the text:

I should not find this funny, but I do. The van we use for collecting goods from the airport just burst in to flames. What a day!

Apparently it happened before he went to pick up the cases. Which is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police found this unusual hat at the scene of the crime:

Costume-Super-Mario-hat.jpg

Happily, the police report makes no mention of Pandora components being in the van at time.

Thanks Gruso. I hadn't considered that people wouldn't be able to view twitter.

I only just got up, took until 4:30am to get the van back here, then took me another couple of hours to get to sleep.

The rear breaks seized on and set the wheel on fire. It's a shame we had not picked up the cargo because now I'm going to have to do it in the car -

it's going to be about 8 trips! Argh.

Better get some good cds to listen on those trips :eek:

Can't you rent a (tow along) I dont know the english word for aanhanger

default.jpg

Hopefully nobody got hurt.

But to be honest, I had to laugh when I read your tweet, Craig.

After the volcano and the earthquake, I was thinking that the next thing would be a flood, an asteroid or an alien invasion (the Dr Who way), but not a van in fire…

I only just got up, took until 4:30am to get the van back here, then took me another couple of hours to get to sleep.

The rear breaks seized on and set the wheel on fire. It's a shame we had not picked up the cargo because now I'm going to have to do it in the car -

it's going to be about 8 trips! Argh.

You going to ship out those 100 pandoras first?

Well this doesn't delay much, especially with the boards being hung up due to the lack of the nubs.

It will be an interesting part of the story behind the Pandora though.

London/Newcastle is approx. 300 miles (480Km) each way.

4,800 miles (it's only 5,500 to Beijing but that's just one way).

Average 60 Mph = 80 Hrs = 8 days of 10 hours driving + loading (2Hrs) + unloading(1Hr) + rest stops(1Hr min) = 16Hr round trip.

48Mpg = 100 Gallons = 450 Litres @ £1.20/l = £540

Conclusion: Rent a van (one way) and train it down (cattle class).

Good job my motives for buying a Pandora were OPEN and not ECO. :p

^ Too much imperial measurement system in one message
blink.gif

So much for smugly announcing the purchase of a cheap old peace of crap. Isn't there somthing like German TÜV/Dekra on the island?

Yes, but not for second-third-twentieth-hand pieces of junk you bought from a bloke down the pub ;)

We do have the annual 'MOT' tests mandated by the Ministry of Transport, but they're more about making sure your car won't kill anyone else when it breaks/pumps out toxic fumes.

Back