Crazy Idea - Collector's Edition Pandoras With Autographs?!

For me, i'd look at it as if someone had defaced my pandora - so not good.

No offence to the team responsible, but i'd possibly have made an exception for a miyamoto signed ds!

If the Pandora broke into the PSP, DS market signed copies or limited editions might be worth it. But otherwise no one would give a shit about something that wasn't big enough to be concerned about,
"Hey I have a Pandora signed by the people who made it," says one guy, the other guy says
"What the fuck is a Pandora?"

trooper said:
Just like they did with the initial batch of original Amiga A1000`s.

Signed Amiga A1000 case

Trooper

Right. :) I had the same Idea but I think all Pandoras should have the Autographs of the Devs as Relief inside the Case makes the Handheld more Unique. ^_^
Special Editions of the Pandora could be realized with other Colours, maybe Metallic or Carbon-Optic etc. Pandora in (fake) Carbon would look amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about on the inside of the case ? Then only geeks will be able to see it :)

Devs will frequently sign their circuit boards - if they're going to do it, I'd prefer that they do it this way. It's more subtle, an easter egg really, you usually need a microscope to read it.

Giant signatures seem kinda crass to me. Never understood the whole autograph thing.

shmuck said:
Devs will frequently sign their circuit boards -
Hmm, that's a nice idea too.

At this point I'm moving away from the original "sign the pandora casing" idea. I do like to keep my things clean looking, and at the end of the day I suppose those sigs would just start looking messy.

shmuck said:
Devs will frequently sign their circuit boards - if they're going to do it, I'd prefer that they do it this way. It's more subtle, an easter egg really, you usually need a microscope to read it.

Giant signatures seem kinda crass to me. Never understood the whole autograph thing.
The pandora devs didn't design the chips though. If you're talking about them signing their names by changing the traces in the pcb, that's possible, but I don't know if there's enough space for them to do that (it certainly wouldn't be microscopic).

crazedover said:
The pandora devs didn't design the chips though. If you're talking about them signing their names by changing the traces in the pcb, that's possible, but I don't know if there's enough space for them to do that (it certainly wouldn't be microscopic).
I was thinking something like this. You're right, it isn't microscopic, but it is really small.

The thing with the signatures inside of the case, etc. might be possible.
On the outside of the case...?
Well... would look ugly, wouldn't it? (and WHO the hell would want to see a signature of me :eek:)

Prophet said:
shmuck said:
Fat Agnus said:
...psst. hey you... that's right, you. you're a nerd. i am too. anyone posting/reading these forums are. signatures or not, you're already out.
Oh man... and here I was just about to go play sports and have sex with women.

It's OK - I go to the gym regularly and love women, and I'm still a pretty good nerd too.

You can have it all! :lol:

Ditto :)

But if only the women I'd been with recently were as easy to understand as my faithful, reliable, predictable, rational, sensible, definitely-not-manifestly-insane-and-unstable GP2X, which btw I am about to dump for a much sexier Pandora ;)

Back