Currently Gaming Thread

Username said:
Spykez said:
GOOODBYYYE SOCIAL LIFE!
Not exactly a thing to celebrate is it?

i really don't have a social life......i don't like talking to people who are ignorant which...sadly is about 90% of my city.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it's gaming. They probably think computer games wreck peoples social lives.

Javacat said:
I bet it's gaming. They probably think computer games wreck peoples social lives.

But it does! Jack Thompson saids so!

It's a real pity Jack Thompson is so against video games in general, I personally agree with him about stuff like sex and violence in video games, I just don't think that crap is necessary. But I'm all for gaming in general, really. When I do start programming and designing games more seriously, I don't want any of that gore and stuff in my games.
So while I refuse to play junk like GTA, I'm not going to be extremist and attempt to get rid of games altogether.

blockbuster_mining.png

I'm just sickened at how mass media in general seems to be on a mission to desensitize people from violence.

Forgive my rant, I need to go write an article about this.

You've just slain a grue.

EDIT:
Sarcasm, in case you're reading this, Jack.

LOL, I was waiting for you to say that. Fine, fine, one more, then I'll use it more responsibly, I promise.
You just lost the game!

Now, i play:

On the PSP:

Motorstorm Arktic Edge,
dont now what i can say to it, but yeah, im no sony fanby, but, im happy whit this game..
On the DS

Kirby Super Star Ultra

The Remake from the Snes, but its cool, yes, i can play the original on the Pandoras snes emu, but i think, you can not have enougt kirby games

Whats my faverit nintendo charakter? Yoshi or Kirby? i dont now.. :rolleyes:

Megarace 2

Just bought from GOG. Had it years ago and it frustrated the hell out of me. Exact same now, but this time I'm determined to get past the fourth track :)

I'm replaying LoZ: Oracle of Seasons on the Dingoo. Found the guidebook from 8 or so years ago, brought back fond memories of the old gameboy color

Consequence9 said:
I'm replaying LoZ: Oracle of Seasons on the Dingoo. Found the guidebook from 8 or so years ago, brought back fond memories of the old gameboy color
that brings back memories of when i tried to get 100% in LoZ games without guides. maybe i'll go mess around in majora's mask right now.

Right now Odin Sphere is sucking the life out of me. I'm really enjoying the game play and the over-the-top 2d Graphics. Great game. I plan on buying the sequel on wii as soon as I'm finished. Anyone played Muramasa? I heard it was good.

After EAs awesome little giveaway in the weekend I've been playing Mirrors Edge. It's a pretty cool game. Some bits are awesome (running and jumping around, exploring, etc), but other bits are insanely annoying (the fighting, shooting, etc). I :wub: the game when I'm doing all the jumping around and stuff and think that it's a game I might buy again, then I get to the annoying parts and just want to give up on it.

I also finally got Mario Kart Wii! I've been playing that in bits. It's not as good as Mario Kart 64, but it's still really fun and I really like the online stuff. I'm surprised how good the wheel actually is for driving. I like how it supports any input device that works with the Wii, as I've only got one wiimote. I think that the gamecube controller might just have the edge for playing it online, although the tricks are a bit hard to do with the D pads location.

I agree about Mirror's Edge, and many other people feel the same way too. A fantastic game that could do without the combat. Hopefully there's less of it in the sequel. Or at least more stealthy stuff, so you can take the dudes out without running into a hail of bullets. It just gets annoying.

Currently playing Giana Sisters on the DS. Next in the queue (for DS at least) is Scribblenauts. Not sure if I'll see that one through to the end though.

Consequence9 said:
fuck year. The best zelda games are the 2d handheld ones.

I'm currently in the middle of a rousing match of "The Maiden Rape Assault - Violent Semen Inferno"

Back