D-pad Mods Available From Evildragons Shop Now!

DaveC

Internal Development
I thought I would post this as they will go fast.

If you want one, don't think just buy , they won't be there long :)

D-padZ

Eh, "out of stock"? :p Say, does "MK1" fit First Edition, too? (edit: Ah, says so. Very good.)

I'm still wondering, though, if it's even possible to mod my 2X, or do I need a new faceplate for it...

My dremelling skills proved... inadequate.

kuva008bm0.jpg

DaveC posted on Mar 20 2007 at 10:45 PM said:
I thought I would post this as they will go fast.

If you want one, don't think just buy , they won't be there long :)

D-padZ

DaveC, I want to install this myself, is there a way to ship/buy directly from you in the states? I checked ED's shop hoping to get one, but at $15 USD for the unit plus 29.00 euro for shipping, makes this about $53.50 for a self-installed dpad. I bit too much IMO. Can I order from you in the states?

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 21 2007 at 09:22 AM said:
Yeah, shipping to US is damn expensive I'm afraid :(

Yeah, but unfortunately it is what it is. $15 for the unit, and $15 for you to install sounds MORE than reasonable, in fact a bargain. It is just unfortunate that with our "global market" that we haven't found a better way to get items from point A to B within a reasonable time frame with reasonable cost. The GP2X scene could really use someone doing the install over here in the states.

The big problem for me as an individual and not a business that sells units and has access to GPH like Craig and ED do is liability. I don't have a pool of spares or parts.

If I were to mod a unit and for some reason it broke (it just happens sometimes for no logical reason even if rare) I would be responsible to replace it. So for a $30.00 amount that I get, $15.00 of that are my parts cost, I would have to pony up $200.00 for a new unit. Then I STILL have to put a pad in it. It is just not worth the risk for me. It just doesn't make financial sense.

I have done a few but after awhile law of averages catches up. Eventually there would be a problem.

I didn't mean you installing them personally, but another shop like ED's here in the states that could install them. Is there any GP2X shops even left in the states? I remember one closed down not too long ago.

As for myself personally, I wouldn't want to send my GP2X away to get the modification done, as I trust my skills to complete the mod myself having worked in a repair shop when I was in college. My question is, can I purchase a dpad unit direct from you here in the states?

I'm wondering, there are services for installing mod-chips and the likes, in US, surely? Would a person with the skillset reguired for that be suitable for this installation? Or would the cutting-of-plastic part be too, well, difficult? Is there any profession, which would require the skill-set? ED, DaveC, what do you do for living? Or are you're mad installation skillz hobby-based? :)

Oh, and are replacement faceas available? Spare parts?

30 € !?!?!?!

Come on. You must be kiiding. It's plastic !

Regrads
paines

Parts 15€, assembly 15€. And the parts aren't just molded by thousands, Dave apparently hounds e-bay for the actual pads... What other parts are there in the kit, BTW?

Anes Lihovac posted on Mar 21 2007 at 05:37 PM said:
30 € !?!?!?!

Come on. You must be kiiding. It's plastic !

Regrads
paines

Ahhhhh, with shipping and modification.
Okay. Pretty fair.

Regards

Jarska333 posted on Mar 21 2007 at 04:39 PM said:
Parts 15€, assembly 15€. And the parts aren't just molded by thousands, Dave apparently hounds e-bay for the actual pads... What other parts are there in the kit, BTW?

There are switches, pins to hold the board to the GP2X board, and the PCB themselves. I still haven't found a place that makes PCBs for free yet ;) so those cost money too.

Obviously the best solution would be for GPH to just put in a damn D-pad themselves in the first place. But suggesting something to the insanely stubborn GPH is worse than talking to a wall. I would get more response out of the wall :rolleyes:

Very good value I would say, especially given the going rates for console modification!

I like the fact that there's more Mk1 mods being offered for this batch, as they are in most need of it.

The D-pads are certainly not a venture motivated by money.

nubie posted on Mar 21 2007 at 05:18 PM said:
:( sold out, and this is when I hear of it. Oh well.

I think ED said that he just didn't update the shop thing yet. From what he said he still has MK1 mods available.

I ordered and paid this morning for my mk 1 first ed, and I can't wait to hear from ed to say "send me your 2x for modding"

I just hope its before I go on holiday in may :unsure:

I am seriously excited about getting this done, I love my 2x but I have never really liked the stick, just put up with it.

Great work Davec and Ed - Thank you, its appreciated.

*scurries off to check his emails*

:D

dosteridge posted on Mar 21 2007 at 02:20 PM said:
I ordered and paid this morning for my mk 1 first ed, and I can't wait to hear from ed to say "send me your 2x for modding"

I just hope its before I go on holiday in may :unsure:

I am seriously excited about getting this done, I love my 2x but I have never really liked the stick, just put up with it.

Great work Davec and Ed - Thank you, its appreciated.

*scurries off to check his emails*

:D

Took the leap myself at about 9:20 this morning. Anxiously awaiting word...

Back