Dastardly Dungeon Released

ruckage

Certified Guru
Update: 20/03/2007
A new version is available in the archive which fixes several bugs and hopefully stops, or at least reduces, the random crashes. Download here.

Hi everyone - how happy am I :D . The results for the PDRC 3.666 have been released and my game placed 2nd so I'm over the moon right now. You can see the full results here.

I'm not sure if the files will be hosted at PDRoms or not but I've uploaded my entry to the archive. For those who don't know the aim of the competition was to create a game in the style of an old 'game & watch' style handheld.

Story

Dirk wakes and finds himself a prisoner in the evil count's dungeon. It's your job to help him find the key and escape - hopefully a little richer from all the diamonds scattered around. But beware for there are many vampire bats and spiders out to stop you.

Features

Choice of 4 different maze sizes: 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6
A choice of 40,000 randomly generated levels - 10,000 for each maze size.
Ability to pick a specific level or have the game choose one for you.
A hi-score is stored for each maze size.
[cut]
Try pushing in and holding the the click stick for a surprise.............

boxandgameyo9.jpg

handheldvr2.jpg

You can find the file here

(sorry I uploaded the file to the home directory by accident - I've updated the file so it should appear in homebrew game later)[/cut]

Thanks everyone. Just checked and all of the entries are available on the main page www.pdroms.de I think there are 7 more for GP2X.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 17 2007 at 04:24 PM said:
Blah posted on Mar 17 2007 at 11:22 AM said:
Wow, all of these will run on GP2X! *downloading* :)
A few are for the GBA.
Yeah but we have gpsp now don't we :) - the only other one is for snes which is also emulated. Hadn't thought about it until you said Blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
sensible GP32 posted on Mar 17 2007 at 05:16 PM said:
WAY! well done friend!

you think with your winnings you can spend it on a better avatar?

j/k
:p
Thanks - and good idea, I'm sure if I look hard I can find one even more annoying :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! Hope you will enjoy the $100, you've deserved them.

Great game & watch title, with lasting gameplay. I'm always amazed by the detail you put in your work. You've really transformed my GP2X into a G&W Nintendo.

Nice suprice with the click stick, too bad I will have to buy a new screen now ;)

Thanks everyone for your comments, glad you like it. I've actually discovered a few major bugs and I have no idea why I didn't notice them before :wacko:
I only noticed them because I'm in the process of doing a special PC port and so was testing everything that I thought I'd tested before anyway, here are the bugs I've discovered which I will fix ASAP.

1) Really major this one. You can cheat as even if you don't have the key it will allow you to pass through the wall to the exit (bangs head against wall)

2) Also major, if you keep tapping in the direction of the exit while it is adding up you score you keep getting the bonus repeated - this really screws up the game (bangs head against wall even harder)

3) Not so major this one. In certain circumstances the image for the exit is wrong and in the wrong location. Quite rare this one so i have an excuse for not noticing it.

That's all for now (I hope) let me know if you spot any others.

The game's fantastic! Has anyone else had an issue with unexpected quits? Once in a while it quits out of the game for no reason. I'm using gmenux & have the 3.0 firmware.

Back