Day one' software and general functionality!

I think the most infuriating thing that doesn't work is bluetooth keyboards.

The potential to be fully replaceable as a laptop is within a hairs breadth - so close and yet so far.
:blink: Why didn't I think of that!  To bad to hear that it doesn't work on the Pandora.  Is Bluetooth apart of the Debian arm repo?  

-Glyph Reader

I think the most infuriating thing that doesn't work is bluetooth keyboards.

The potential to be fully replaceable as a laptop is within a hairs breadth - so close and yet so far.
:blink: Why didn't I think of that!  To bad to hear that it doesn't work on the Pandora.  Is Bluetooth apart of the Debian arm repo?  

-Glyph Reader
Well my bluetooth keyboard does work, but others report their keyboards doesn't.. it seems to vary on keyboard used, duration of use of the keyboard and what not.. 

However since we're not dealing with Angstrom with the Pyra, Bluetooth may be a much better more consistent experience with Debian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluetooth keyboards work, but there is a nasty bug in SuperZaxxon that causes intermittent x.org crashes while using one. I'm hoping that the bug doesn't show up in Pyra's Debian.

- Neelix

Speaking of Bluetooth keyboards, is it possible to use the Pandora/Pyra as a Bluetooth keyboard/controller? That would be cool.

When the Pyra is finally released will there be a solid basic suite of applications? I think its a must to sell to a slightly more mainstream audience.

What i mean is a fully functioning mp3 player, video player, browser etc.

If we go with the arm chip (i reckon we will) then some pandora software eg mp3 players etc could be ported and tailored to fit the pyra i suppose.

In a nutshell, imo its easier to market a device, that has at least good basic functionality in several key areas.

I would hope for a concerted effort of some kind to ensure decent launch software. Perhaps a bunch of devs could organize and split tasks amongst themselves.

Obviously devs will like to port stuff to the pyra, for fun and to help with various stuff, all of this will come in time, no doubt but imo good basic functionality is important at launch.

I think there was some thread a while ago about preparing or making a plan to organize or develope software, or was i imagining that.
http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15557-what-should-be-included-in-the-firmware/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back