dbpInstaller

Hi all :)

@sebt3 and @bennr01 : thanks for the new version. I'm still having issues with the updating part of dbpInstaller though.

- There are 3 applications for which I'm always offered an update: farox_halloween3d, hydracastlelabyrinth and Saturnemu.
- Updating those 3 packages seems to be working. Still, I'm always presented with the same update, again and again...
- GUI and CLI behaves in exactly the same way

I had a look earlier today at my packages directory, and I think I understand what's wrong: the old version is just not removed !

For every package I have the old version which I manually downloaded from the Repo + the new one downloaded via dbpInstaller.

Example:

Code:
samuel@pyra:/media/samuel/Pyra1/dragonbox/packages$ ls -al hydra*
-rw-r--r-- 1 samuel samuel 27477022 Aug  4 17:44 hydracastlelabyrinth-1.0.3.01.dbp
-rw-r--r-- 1 samuel samuel 27477026 Jan 17 13:47 hydracastlelabyrinth.dbp
samuel@pyra:/media/samuel/Pyra1/dragonbox/packages$

Could you please have a look at this issue ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Arf, indeed. Just delete the old versions.
A fix while not impossible (far from it) might takes sometimes, since i'm short on free time

Strange: I deletet the OLD Versions and the App Data and downloaded the new Version and when i click on DBP Installer, its makes a Appdata Folder, but nothing else happens, or maybe its needs quite some time..

I will have another look tomorrow as im now at work..

Yes I also tried DBP installer today and get some SD read action then nothing else happens. Have to look at the app data folder. Well Deleted folder re-ran and no Joy. Went back to old version. put SD card in PC and repaired it. still no joy. IDK still looking.

Same here, dbpInstaller refuses to start:

Code:
samuel@pyra:/tmp/dbpout$ more dbprun-dbpInstaller_sebt3-stderr.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/__main__.py", line 8, in
<module>
    main()
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/cli.py", line 96, in main
    installer = DbpInstaller(delegate=PrintingInstallerDelegate())
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/installer.py", line 42, i
n __init__
    self._cache = RepoCache(delegate=self.delegate)
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/repocache.py", line 41, i
n __init__
    self.update()
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/repocache.py", line 109,
in update
    value = package_list_parser[package_id][key]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/configparser.py", line 1252, in __getitem__
    return self._parser.get(self._name, key)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/configparser.py", line 799, in get
    d)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/configparser.py", line 394, in before_get
    self._interpolate_some(parser, option, L, value, section, defaults, 1)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/configparser.py", line 444, in _interpolate_some
    "found: %r" % (rest,))
configparser.InterpolationSyntaxError: '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found
: '% A.I. Turbo'
samuel@pyra:/tmp/dbpout$

@sebt3 and @bennr01 : the last few lines make me think there might be something wrong with @Farox recent TetriCrisis package. It looks like as if the '%' sign in the title were interpreted by dbpInstaller.

Cheers, Magic Sam

@sebt3 and @bennr01 : the last few lines make me think there might be something wrong with @Farox recent TetriCrisis package. It looks like as if the '%' sign in the title were interpreted by dbpInstaller.

Cheers, Magic Sam
Bennr01 already have submitted a fix for this. I just hasnt had time to package the new version over the weekend

Last edited:
Well, it seems to be just because dbpinstaller is using python's configparser and it's that that interpreting % as the start of something like a variable reference (%(foo) I guess). I guess in some config files it might be worth setting something like the app name or version to a variable so you can refer to it again in other places, and that might even be true also for dbps, but it's caught us out here.

So there cant be a awefull though Shoot em Up whit "Swear Signs" (You know these Signs in Commics if someone is really angry) in the Titel for Pyra..

I dont know, i downloaded it last week, and when i wantet to test it, it ditnt apeared in the Start Menue, .. maybe i ditnt copy the DBP, i will have a look again tomorrow afternoon..

It detects upgradeable packages and seems to download them but in the end it does nothing as @Magic Sam mentioned earlier.

It still happens in version 1.2.1

Maybe it's not designed to remove things y0u've already downloaded yourself. Perhaps after putting the new one alongside, you're meant to delete your previous install?

Back