Dead battery and no TV out cable shipped.

PonkP

Still Fresh
Dear support staff,

I have just received my Pandora Monday this week, I found that the battery is dead and no TV out cable in the box. What should I do ??

For the dead battery, I got a unit with a battery already inserted in, the Pandy can be powered up nicely and this battery works fine. Another batter that I ordered, when I swapped it in, there was no power to power up the system, so I also plugged in the AC charger, waiting for few minutes the unit seemed to power up with blue pandora logo then it power down again, it kept powering on and off for many many times in 30 minutes. I have tried to re-insert the battery unit again and again and again, got the same results, so I think the battery is dead.

Also, in the box, there is no TV out cable included, as it should.

Please advise what should I do to get TV out cable and new battery.

PonkP

You will probably need to get an RMA for you battery.

Regarding the TV cables, they don't yet exist... there's quite a few of us waiting for them...

You propably don't need to issue an RMA.

I bet you didn't try to charge the "dead" battery for some time. Just keep it plugged in for some hours.

Did you order the tvoutcable with the console?

It is NOT INCLUDED with the normal pandora purchase. It is a separate item, they search a producer for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the Pandora keeps booting up and shutdown every few minutes, I'm afraid that the unit will be dead or unbootable before.

For the battery, try to boot into the old kernel while it is in and charge it:

Press and hold right shoulderbutton while it powers on. Then select kernel 2.6.x from list and press the outmost actionbutton to boot.

Edit: You can also try to set screenbrightness to lowest level with the keycombo and remove all sdcards while doing so.

Since the Pandora keeps booting up and shutdown every few minutes, I'm afraid that the unit will be dead or unbootable before.

At what point during the boot does it go dead when you try to go to 2.6? Does it make it to the desktop?

To clarify: mine got to the login and rebooted. When I booted to the old kernel it didn't reboot and I was able to charge it.

also try the good old, piece of paper folded up between battery and cover trick

You could also boot into CLI mode. The reboot on low battery is a XFCE feature (It's actually a shutdown, afaik, but because the Pandora is plugged it, it will reboot constantly.)

if I let the battery down too much, mine does this. Just have faith and leave it - eventually it will store enough of a charge to boot and stay on and resume charging. I think it's because it stops charging when it's trying to boot up, but then as it's booting up doesn't have enough charge so shuts down again or something like that. Just leave it plugged in for a few hours, and it will be fine.

@mcobit : I got the same result now, when booting up to 2.6 kernel, it shows 80% capacity and charging (but 3.2 kernel won't boot), why ?

can anyone explain or point out where to look for this info. I'm really a newbie here. thx

If it works with the other battery and 2.6 is booting fine, maybe try to flash to the latest firmware. Thats all I could imagine what would solve it. You have beta4 installed currently I guess?

Or maybe it really is a problem with the contacts on the battery or pandora. Are they clean?

You can also try to put some paper between the battery door and the battery to make the contact better.

The battery is confirmed dead. it's un-chargeable. it shows 80% always, but when unplug the AC, it shut off.

anyone knows how to claim ?

PM EvilDragon about this or write him an email, if you ordered from him.

Just to doublecheck: you installed superzaxxon beta 5a now?

PM EvilDragon about this or write him an email, if you ordered from him.

EvilDragon will make it right :)

He has helped me with similar problems in the past ..

O.P. has Great support and takes care of thier customers........Bud

Back