Dear Geeks

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
few questions, one, what save file extension does our mupen use? two, i have the adaptoid n64 controller to usb adapter, and i can transfer my save files on my memory pak to the pc, but theyre in .a64 format, how would i go about converting these files to make them work on mupen?

few questions, one, what save file extension does our mupen use? two, i have the adaptoid n64 controller to usb adapter, and i can transfer my save files on my memory pak to the pc, but theyre in .a64 format, how would i go about converting these files to make them work on mupen?
I also have an adaptoid... but I haven't used the save transferring in years. I do seem to remember you could convert the save files to the mpk format used by N64 emulators though.

Edit... did a bit of googling for you and came across this: http://www.emutalk.net/archive/index.php/t-35339.html

Now what I draw from that is a64 saves are actually individual "notes" stored within the mempak.

It also seems that you can insert them into a mpk save using the N-Rage plugin and project64(or other compatible emulator)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for quick reply, google search only led me to commodore64 emulator for the amiga.....A64 :|

edit: yeah i dont see how this will help me convery my a64 files to work on mupen....any more advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for quick reply, google search only led me to commodore64 emulator for the amiga.....A64 :|

edit: yeah i dont see how this will help me convery my a64 files to work on mupen....any more advice?
OK... basically what I'm getting here is that you need to install PJ64 and the NRage input plugin. The input plugin has some memory card management features, so you use those to create a blank mpk file and then insert the A64 note into the mpk file.

It's all what get from that post although not being exactly the same since the guy talks about dexdrive n64 saves.

Back