Dear Pandora Team

likwidoxigen

Website
Visit site
Hey all,

I just wanted to make another "You guys rock." shout out post for you guys. It's coming into the final month or so of the project and I'm sure you're all busting your asses to get this thing done. And I hope to hell that you guys at least break even on the pre-orders. I know taxes, (dealing with) manufacturers, and shipping are balls expensive but we all appreciate your killer hard work and dedication!!

Thank you all!!
-Bryce

I agree. I think it's incredible what has been achieved here. Thousands of similar projects would fail very quickly because people lose interest and stop developing. When you actually look at it, it's 7 or 8 people putting it together, with about 20 people voluntarily making apps/emulators with the devkits currently.

Do the core developers have other jobs too?

mazza558 said:
Do the core developers have other jobs too?
im sure they all do as someone somewere had to front the money for development .. prototypes are not cheap.

and on that note hear hear ! to all the devs and all the people writeing code weather part of the core team or not .. its truley impressive !

not to mention putting up with our rabid obssesiveness during this final strech im sure they have rolled thier eyes a few times at the community :>

Last edited by a moderator:
+1. awesome stuff.

i small question though, will i have the Pandora in my hands on the 28th of November? i have a small geekfest party at that time, would be awesome if i could bring it! i'm living in the southeast of UK, so there should be little shipping delays.

:pandora1:

CC_machine said:
+1. awesome stuff.

i small question though, will i have the Pandora in my hands for around the 28th of November? i have a small geekfest party at that time, would be awesome if i could bring it?

shipping is supposedly november 30th, although i doubt we'll have it much before the new year.

gibberish said:
CC_machine said:
+1. awesome stuff.

i small question though, will i have the Pandora in my hands for around the 28th of November? i have a small geekfest party at that time, would be awesome if i could bring it?

shipping is supposedly november 30th, although i doubt we'll have it much before the new year.

has this been confirmed by craigix and co?

I have to say, I've never been so excited about a gadget before in my life. You have created an epic device and in my opinion, paved the way for the future of handheld computing. I consider myself very lucky to be a part of it and look forward to all the Pandora and this community has to offer. Thank You to the entire Pandora team, the devs, and to the whole community.

Yep, thank you so much to all connected with bringing the project to life, i'm so excited to be part of it an I'm doing my best at the moment to try to find things to do to take my mind off it, so that the delivery date rolls around quicker! We need something to take up our time! Maybe a couple of community projects or something, any ideas?? :)

Well I have to say you build the machine I've always wanted to, but knew I never would. You did the hard part for all of us, and I thank you all for that.

Bryce Leo said:
Hey all,

I just wanted to make another "You guys rock." shout out post for you guys. It's coming into the final month or so of the project and I'm sure you're all busting your asses to get this thing done. And I hope to hell that you guys at least break even on the pre-orders. I know taxes, (dealing with) manufacturers, and shipping are balls expensive but we all appreciate your killer hard work and dedication!!

Thank you all!!
-Bryce
+1. I'm glad to see a topic like this amid all the questions upon questions for the dev team. (most of which are ridiculous or have already been addressed)

We all love what you guys have done by creating the Pandora, and we support you wholeheartedly.

gibberish said:
[...] november the 31st of november [...]
Kind of redundant, isn't it?

gibberish said:
CC_machine said:
+1. awesome stuff.

Where did anyone from the team say that? I remember the 30th being given as an estimate as to when we might recieve our Pandoras in the mail. (And that was a long time ago)

-God Ginrai

Ahaha wait until we get the thing done first! There is so much going on right now that it is exceptionally stressful for all involved.

We just have to keep pushing everything forward and hoping for no disasters along the way.

The 'Pandora Story' is going to make an interesting read once all this is complete!

craigix said:
Ahaha wait until we get the thing done first! There is so much going on right now that it is exceptionally stressful for all involved.

We just have to keep pushing everything forward and hoping for no disasters along the way.

The 'Pandora Story' is going to make an interesting read once all this is complete!
Can't wait for the Pandora and also for the story. It'll all be worth it... I HOPE! :)

A big +1 from me, on this topic. :) Thanks to all of the Pandora devs, and the best of luck to all of you for smooth sailing from here on out. :D

Back