Default storage

mkinzler said:
Slower cars with lower capacity aren't expensive
yes, i guess. But i meant, that "again" something to buy ;)
I didn't have the money to get if from the first batch, and maybe i will before tomorrow if i can convince my mother ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing preventing you from using the onboard 256MB NAND storage for apps or media. It is not recommended, and there likely won't be a ton of room left over once the OS and default apps are installed, but you can do it if you wish.

Chip said:
There is nothing preventing you from using the onboard 256MB NAND storage for apps or media. It is not recommended, and there likely won't be a ton of room left over once the OS and default apps are installed, but you can do it if you wish.

256mb wow... i never knew that.

I think you might consider the speed of the card very seriously.
Class 6 is the highest standard they sell, but companies have higher "X" ratings on some of their cards.
Faster will be better when you start needing the memory.
Does anyone know of a comparitive memory test site?
Claims of "180X" and the like are not standardized, and may be prone to manufacturer exaggeration.

Chip said:
How is the 256MB NAND set up? Is it e.g. jffs2? On the Nokia series the 256MB NAND is a jffs2 filesystem, an as it's a compressed file system it has enough room to hold both the operating system and all applications, for most people (data, if large, is typically off-loaded to SD). Of course, the Pandora will have lots of emulator software I guess, which may be quite larger than other kind of applications for all I know.

the double SD card slots is a really nice feature

can keep one card in for core apps and games that i want all the time, then swap out cards in the second with vids and ofther media, etc

very nice bit of design that.

Back