Developer's Edition Bob Casing

sehs33

Website
Visit site
I am in the process of casing my developer's bob, and I will be using two iron bolts for each screw to make sure the board is steady, am worried if this would short circuit the board, the order of the pieces for the design am after is:
screw, upper plastic cover, an iron bolt, the bob, another iron bolt, the lower plastic cover, and a third iron bolt to keep the case closed.
Each screw fits perfectly in the holes that are already drilled in the board, so I won't be needing to widen them.
Anyone sees any danger in this design? thanks in advance.

i haven't seen the dev bob, but if it looks like a mounting hole, it probably is. avoid the tiny kind used for header pins & metering. but if the hole is large enough to fit a screw, then that's probably what it's there for.

rokdcasbah said:
i haven't seen the dev bob, but if it looks like a mounting hole, it probably is. avoid the tiny kind used for header pins & metering. but if the hole is large enough to fit a screw, then that's probably what it's there for.
My problem is not with the screws making a short circuit with the holes, am afraid the bolts would cause a problem.
Orkie said:
I use the plastic motherboard "legs" through those holes.
Using the plastic legs wont work, I want it completly covered not only to make it avoid touching the surface it is placed on.

Any other opinions guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back