Developing: how easy is it going to be?

It'll not be a standard desktop environment, but I believe it's based on GTK, so you should stick with that library for making GUIs (if you're using C++, take a look at the gtkmm wrapper).

I have a project on 3dgs that i want to port to pandora,can i continue developing this
game,with the idea that it can be ported over to pandora ?
Highly unlikely. 3d Game Studio is not opensource, depends on DirectX and there is no such thing as a lite-C arm compiler. It would be worth your while to change now to OpenGL ES 2.0 and C/C++.

I would love the devs to create a nice cross platform tool or set of tools that can
be used in windows or linux that has the right programs allowing us to develop 2D/3D
software that can then be ported over to the pandora with ease,this might be
alternitive versions of normal windows apps but with specific settings for pandora
ARM,display and sound drivers.
IMO All the necessary tools and libraries are in the PowerVR SDK. Anything else is specific to my game. That said there's likely to be some nice engines ported across. It's likely that Irrlicht, Ogre 3D, Allegro, Fenix and Pygame ports will appear amongst others.

Once I get my Pandora, I will start a project to put *all necessary* developer tools *ON THE PANDORA itself* .. which is to say, you can download my SD card image, boot it with your Pandora, and use it (as a custom distribution on the Pandora) to write apps for the Pandora ..

I *hate* cross-compiling and off-platform SDK's, and *love* having a compiler and all tools in the chain *onboard the target system*, so this will be primarily my first contribution to the community: Full port of all tools needed to write apps for the Pandora and/or build a distro/bootable-SD for it too ..

I know, I now, y'all have yer big fancy machines with quad-cores and trigabytes of RAM and whatnot, but guess what: the Pandora is more than powerful enough to be used to build apps for itself, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloat merchant. :)

Back