Devil 64 Newest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
foxblock said:
atomicthumbs said:
did he say that he wrote an N64 emulator plugin in BlitzBasic?

Kind of, he wrote that one existing plugin was written in BlitzBasic and one in Python (as is the once he currently develops).
The GUI apparently is also written in Python and some kind of "Romflash" in C++ (a separate program, which only gets called).
The core is written in Assembler (though his previous comments clearly state that he has no idea of processor architecture and that there are different kinds of assembler).

Well, on the bright side, one could argument, that he is not the actual developer anyway ("Rolf" is), so he might just be talking a bit too much about stuff he does not know jack about.

foxblock out

Well, but then I don't know how he got anything running on WIZ. Or did Rolf the whole porting too and he didn't do anything than just writing bad english?

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit said:
Well, but then I don't know how he got anything running on WIZ. Or did Rolf the whole porting too and he didn't do anything than just writing bad english?

...and bad German, too

atomicthumbs said:
did he say that he wrote an N64 emulator plugin in BlitzBasic?

Yeah. Devil64 invokes the Amiga version of BB to interpret the code by using UAE4All simultaneously.

Did no one else notice how he mentioned the program using "Direct X drivers" to speed it up on the Wiz earlier on? I mean... really.
All it would take is two minutes of googling to realize the problem with that.

Also: Ari64, Exo, Gruso and Craig- thanks for shutting down this bastard. I see this s*** all the time on the other forums I visit and there are so few devs there that people just go on believing the lies.

Yeah, the DirectX thing seems pretty stupid as well... he's complaining now that people want to discuss whether DirectX is a driver or not, so I'm guessing he still doesn't get the fact that it's Windows-only.
Also, foxblock, you're absolutely right about the bad German... it's just a mess of wrong punctuation, typos (or maybe he thinks that's the way things are spelled) and colloquialisms with no structure to it whatsoever, argumentative or otherwise. It's really really hard to follow what he means, and to top it off he just posted the third huge textwall starting with "these are some final short comments".
I'm not a grammar nazi or anything, but this borders on unintelligible.

Some more points:

They talked about "booting directly into assembler" which I assume means they want to implement all of the hardware drivers themselves?
Plus a Python interpreter for the GUI and Control plugins? That sounds reasonable :blink:

Apparently "rolf" asked why the Wiz used an ARM. As in, the main dev who supposedly wrote the Assembler core doesn't even know about ARM.

CrazyRetro also boasts with "rolf's" mad skillz. Apparently he cracked a 128bit encrypted server (algorithm and type of server aren't mentioned) in 2 minutes and did several things which people thought impossible in mere seconds. Clearly, "rolf" is not to be messed with or he will h4x0r us all :ph34r:

Anybody else noticed that Rolf is

a.) a german name
b.) an acronym of "rofl"

if cr took the time he spends in the german forum to defend himself against all the evil in the world, maybe he would be closer to an emu than he is.

grobi

argh

damit das Thema Ruhe gibt hier :

Ich werd heut Abend fragen, ob ich ne Alpha rausschicken darf, und damit gut.

Die geht aber only an ED. Soll er s bestätigen, und ist natürlich noch die "alte" d.h.
das komplette Boot System usw. ist natürlich noch nich fertig, aber es hat ja keine Zeit.

Danach schau ich wie reagiert wird, und ob das Projekt fortgesetzt wird, oder dann eben "keinen Sinn mehr macht", wie ich s schon kommen seh Muss halt sein, dann muss es halt sein. Ich klär das heut abend.

CR

taken from the german boards, posted like 5 mins ago.

Means: he is asking Rolf to send a private alpha to ED. Depending on the reaction he (CR) decides whether to continue the emu or drop it. But he thinks it will be dropped.

Good bye CR, goodbye Devil64, nice having another hoax N64 Emu

Grobi said:
Anybody else noticed that Rolf is

a.) a german name
b.) an acronym of "rofl"
Anagram, not acronym. My attention was brought here by the pandora news scraper, but this is quite the odd farce. Who else is guessing a few more months of claims ED has it and is just pretending not to?
On the other hand, considering the language, we might yet be pleasantly surprised by Rolf having written something halfway interesting but completely different. ;)

His latest post is hilarious. He says he has an alpha, but it only runs zelda, and crashes after a few minutes.

He then offers to email it to EvilDragon, but can't because it's 300MB.

300 MB? What is in there that is so big, an MPEG file?

Ari64 said:
His latest post is hilarious. He says he has an alpha, but it only runs zelda, and crashes after a few minutes.

He then offers to email it to EvilDragon, but can't because it's 300MB.

300 MB? What is in there that is so big, an MPEG file?

:D

300MB N64 emulator. Now I've heard everything.

Hoaxers are funny because they have no common sense. Even typical non-emulator developers know most of the things they're saying are garbage. It's a good thing otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable people don't attempt hoaxes or they'd be much more boring.

Exophase said:
300MB N64 emulator. Now I've heard everything.
I know he is crazy, but I never thought he would have the audacity to try to pass off a video player as an emulator. ROFL.

Rolf is a genius and this thing is on a whole new level, it's a whole new emulation paradigm. He's sent a copy of the source and boy am I impressed!

It's a sort of static recompiler, only instead of just generating equivalent ARM code it figures out the *intent* of the code as a whole and recreates it in ARM. It's so big (300MB) because there's so many different cases it has to take into account.. It's basically a big computer BRAIN with 300MB of N64 and ARM *KNOWLEDGE*. With a bit of retooling this thing could drive a car.

This is why there's the option to turn shadows on/off. A normal emulator might go though instructions one at a time but this one looks at the whole program and figures it out. It sees a bit of the code and says "Ah! This is for drawing shadows.. You want me to skip those and save a bit of time chief??" same with drawing sky, etc.

Also to clear up any confusion Devil64 is smart enough to "figure out" Blitz Basic & Python too.

Its buggy and incompatible because the internal "knowledge base" is incomplete and/or incorrect. It'd be good to get a few more people on this project. Rolfs a genius but he's only 1 man.

RobertG said:
Rolf is a genius and this thing is on a whole new level, it's a whole new emulation paradigm. He's sent a copy of the source and boy am I impressed!

It's a sort of static recompiler, only instead of just generating equivalent ARM code it figures out the *intent* of the code as a whole and recreates it in ARM. It's so big (300MB) because there's so many different cases it has to take into account.. It's basically a big computer BRAIN with 300MB of N64 and ARM *KNOWLEDGE*. With a bit of retooling this thing could drive a car.

This is why there's the option to turn shadows on/off. A normal emulator might go though instructions one at a time but this one looks at the whole program and figures it out. It sees a bit of the code and says "Ah! This is for drawing shadows.. You want me to skip those and save a bit of time chief??" same with drawing sky, etc.

Also to clear up any confusion Devil64 is smart enough to "figure out" Blitz Basic & Python too.

Its buggy and incompatible because the internal "knowledge base" is incomplete and/or incorrect. It'd be good to get a few more people on this project. Rolfs a genius but he's only 1 man.

You are kidding right? Please SOMEONE answer this post to confirm if what he says it's real or not!

Listen up, I'm by far not an expert in that sort of thing, but either he's lying/trying to be ironic or that "rolf" guy has just stepped out the Twilight Zone of Emulators and gave birth to the first A.I emu in history!

(Or maybe my theory that someone had to sell their soul to a demon in order to make the Devil64 is not that incorrect...)

Lord Scar said:
You are kidding right? Please SOMEONE answer this post to confirm if what he says it's real or not!
Read the second post in this thread and compare the names of the posters... ;)

atomicthumbs said:
DEVIL64 is FOUR CORNER SIMULTANEOUS FOUR ASPECT EXPERT SYSTEM.

OH NOES!! DOES IT RUN CRYSIS?? SURE IT DOES!!

...flux capacitor technology is getting real.

I Want Devil64 to interact with Project Natal. Can you imagine the possibilities??

Also, can Devil64 transport me to the Tron Mainframe???????

I volunteer to try it as long as Rolf irons out any bugs in the emulator brain - I saw what happened to the dude and i'm not falling for that one B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back