Did I Get A Good Deal?

If XP runs fine, don't mess with it. Unless you just like messing around with other OS's. I have to admit, that can be fun.

well now that xnosparenogeisoin told me that wine could easily run starcraft and diablo and alot of people say that xp slows down over time i think i will go for linux since i would only use a laptop for basic stuff, id just like to know which linux os is the fastest but still has an easy way of installing software.

Trust me, Fishybong! XP doesn't have to slow your system down! I have been playing with Operating systems
for the last few weeks, and I have to admit that for ease of use it has to be windows. I had xandros on this eee
pc for a while, and it was fun and had it's advantages but in the end it just took too long to get to grips with the whole concept of repos and stuff. I did get to do a lot of fun stuff, and learnt a lot. But in the end I just want to be able to use the thing, not spend all my time trying to use it! I know that for a lot of linux lovers that's the whole point. But for me I just want a clean fast machine!

And there is SO much tweaking you can do with windows. I have xplite on my two systems. I have removed so much rubbish and changed so many settings, that now windows just zips along! And if you are sensible it won't clog up. I recommend ccleaner (google it). And xplite is worth every penny!

Yeah, I was running games with wine. But it's so easier just to RUN a game with the native OS.

And XP on the eee pc? It's wonderful!!!!!

lubidog said:
Hmm... I was going to go with the 2G surf but now that I hear XP runs well, I might go with the 4g version. Did you upgrade your ram for xp or is 512 enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty said:
lubidog said:
Hmm... I was going to go with the 2G surf but now that I hear XP runs well, I might go with the 4g version. Did you upgrade your ram for xp or is 512 enough?

Trust me, 512MB will be enough (and XP runs way fast enough on the EeePC), Most of the people that have upgraded the ram on the EeePC, Have done so because they can, Or because they want to run more recent games/software requiring more memory than the standard 512MB. Those that have upgraded the ram are usually the ones who have also clocked the processor back to 900Mhz from the standard underclocked ~630Mhz.

Btw, I own an EeePC 701 4GB Black. :)

Get the 4GB version, It`s worth it (if you can afford it), You know it makes sense. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I upgraded the ram, just cos it was cheap and I wanted to buy something for the thing!!!

But yeah, doesn't need it, but doesn't harm it either! And don't bother with the 2gig one.

Back