Did I make a wrong move?

turbochop

Still Fresh
I recieved the email from craig about upgrading to a 1 ghz unit, so I filled out an order at dragonbox and sent my old pandy on its way. Now that i've read some of these topics I'm somewhat worried, will I see my pandora again?

No you won't see your Pandora again - you'll see a new and improved version and probably pretty soon. Dragonbox  is Evil Dragon's website and not Craig's. ED is ultra reliable and continues to support the Pandora and community above and beyond the call of duty. Way beyond.

Trust ED. You won't be disappointed.

I recieved the email from craig about upgrading to a 1 ghz unit, so I filled out an order at dragonbox and sent my old pandy on its way. Now that i've read some of these topics I'm somewhat worried, will I see my pandora again?
How long have you been waiting so far ?

If you filled out your order at Ed's shop, then sent it to him, then it should go swimmingly! I've just posted my own classic Pandora today back to ED for upgrading to a 1ghz, seems pretty straightforward to me :)

my brother is thinking of buying one off me, so I thought the upgrade would be a good use for my classic one, and I'll get the better LCD screen from that to boot! I find the one on my 1ghz a bit dark sometimes in daylight, whereas my classic still has a few more levels of brightness selectable above that point (another terrible explanation I know!)

^^^^Yeah the 1ghz definately has a darker screen.took me a while to notice still its not so bad.

To my knowledge, the backlight has the same brightness.

So you only need to change the gamma a bit and they look the same.

The very new-new generation is currently shipping (the glossy screens from the FOSDEM) ?

Maybe I need to look into the gamma settings but to my untrained eyes my older model had the same level of brightness as my 1gig model with it's brightness turned down by three adjustments of the brightness level adjustor, on full it's definitely noticeably brighter!

It'd not a major deal, you'd only notice it really in certain games like quake 2.I was playing some Metal Gear Solid and some of the duct sections were tough enough to make out
Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. To be honest I shipped out my console in the morning and started reading the boards the next morning. I'm just a little paranoid is all :) I shouldn't be though, I know I can trust Evildragon. Poor Craig, I hope everything pans out in the end.

I've seen a third generation of screens.

No need to use the nails, as opposed to the second generation, but the coating is glossy (i prefer matte).

Could go with a matte screen protector to get the best of all areas, makes more sense than matte ag-coated panel and applying a clear screen atop it. As much as i am against glossy screens it actually makes sense to ship it on touchscreens in the case you can get and want a protector for it.

So, I sent out my pandy on February 20th via usps in a flat rate box. Anyone here have an estimate how long it will take to arrive at ED's doorstep?

guessing 2 weeks due in part by customs from usa not sure from where you hail from

Happy days! My Pandora has finally reached ED's hands and a new console is on it's way. Thank you everybody for your support on this thread! I wonder if my Pandy will have one of those new screens everyone is talking about.

Back