Did You Get This Newsletter?!

If you don't get a response after a reasonable amount of time, it may be worth trying to contact them from a different e-mail address if you happen to have one - I've seen it suggested by others in the past. :p

Prometheus said:
If you don't get a response after a reasonable amount of time, it may be worth trying to contact them from a different e-mail address if you happen to have one - I've seen it suggested by others in the past. :p

Yup... did that... emailed them from both my main accounts. I will sit patiently! I work on Capitol Hill... would be a good place to have the machine showed off to people. Not that I have any pull, but it would get seen by a lot of people!

I looked at this thing over a year ago & just checked on it now & then, I am impressed its being pulled off, my hat off to those who put forth the amazing effort from scratch & make it into reality.

Now, with that... respond to my email so I may take part in the preorder ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this has been explained yet but whats wrong with just shipping all the Pandora's from the factory in Texas. Correct me if wrong but the rest of the Pandora's that won't be shipped in the US will go to England to be shipped which would take up to two weeks. I thought it would be alot easier just to ship them all from Texas so people that don't live in the US don't need to wait a few more weeks.
Looks like the journey is almost over, I hope there will be no more delays cause I want the Pandora to be my Christmas present.

Shaun. said:
I'm not sure if this has been explained yet but whats wrong with just shipping all the Pandora's from the factory in Texas. Correct me if wrong but the rest of the Pandora's that won't be shipped in the US will go to England to be shipped which would take up to two weeks. I thought it would be alot easier just to ship them all from Texas so people that don't live in the US don't need to wait a few more weeks.
Looks like the journey is almost over, I hope there will be no more delays cause I want the Pandora to be my Christmas present.
Shipping internationally from the US is usually pretty expensive. Then each buyer has to contend with customs delays and import taxes. I don't know exactly how they'll be doing it, but if I were in the UK or Europe, I'd be more comfortable with the idea of them shipping one bulk lot from the US, then shipping them out individually from there. Even if there was an extra couple of weeks involved.

Where I am though, it probably doesn't make much difference. There's an idea. Ship mine from the US please. :p

Gruso said:
I don't know exactly how they'll be doing it, but if I were in the UK or Europe, I'd be more comfortable with the idea of them shipping one bulk lot from the US, then shipping them out individually from there. Even if there was an extra couple of weeks involved.
+1 to that. With the level for being taxed out your backside still set at £18, that's a lot to get stung for on fees for a product bought within the country... :p

Prometheus said:
Gruso said:
I don't know exactly how they'll be doing it, but if I were in the UK or Europe, I'd be more comfortable with the idea of them shipping one bulk lot from the US, then shipping them out individually from there. Even if there was an extra couple of weeks involved.
+1 to that. With the level for being taxed out your backside still set at £18, that's a lot to get stung for on fees for a product bought within the country... :p
Hmm I'm still not sure if I get it. Let me get this straight. The US likes to tax its exporters heavily. The fees they expect you to pay are so unreasonable that its cheaper to ship the Pandora's twice. But this is what I don't get. Either way aren't you shipping the Pandora's out of the country which means, either way there going to get taxed. So since most people ordering are from the US and Europe, does shipping around Europe generally mean less taxes or something.
@gruso: I'm in the same situation as you, cause I also live in Sydney. So what you were saying is it doesn't make a difference to us if it shipped from the UK or US and because of this, the faster option is more preferable.

Shaun. said:
Hmm I'm still not sure if I get it. Let me get this straight. The US likes to tax its exporters heavily. The fees they expect you to pay are so unreasonable that its cheaper to ship the Pandora's twice. But this is what I don't get. Either way aren't you shipping the Pandora's out of the country which means, either way there going to get taxed. So since most people ordering are from the US and Europe, does shipping around Europe generally mean less taxes or something.
@gruso: I'm in the same situation as you, cause I also live in Sydney. So what you were saying is it doesn't make a difference to us if it shipped from the UK or US and because of this, the faster option is more preferable.
Shipping individual units to customers, each customer has to deal with import fees (which may include duty, set by the country it is being imported into, not by the US where it is being exported from), or at the very least, paperwork handling the import. Actually, at the very least, none of the packages will be inspected and every European gets their Pandora with no trouble; odds of that happening are about zero, a statistically significant portion of them will probably be inspected, should they all be shipped individually, and then the users will be expected to justify their purchase, and may have extra taxes levied.
Instead, ship as one big lump to the UK, where if there is an inspection and extra fees, they are paid once, by the guys that (we hope) know what to expect and how to handle the paper work properly. All shipping out of the UK to other residents of the UK are then worry free.
It's ok to ship direct to US customers because they are being assembled in the US: no import, no taxes, no paperwork, just receive package.
Craig still hasn't answered the question: what about Canada, Mexico, South America, and now also Australia? All of these places (plus China, and Africa, and... anywhere that isn't the US, UK, Germany, or Turkey) will risk inspection and import fees from the end client, regardless of whether it is shipped from the US or UK. I'm hoping there is a plan to handle these as well?

I'm not an expert on the topic so I don't want to wade into it too far. US export taxes aren't an issue that I know of, it's each country's import duty that can sting people. If I was in England, I would be expecting it to ship from the English store I bought it from, not from Texas. Same goes for those who bought it from ED's store in Germany. I guess it'll come down to what makes the most financial (& legal) sense for OP Ltd to do.

I say it's not much of an issue for Aussies, because I've had many many things shipped here from all around the world, and not once have I had an issue with customs or import taxes. I know of quite a few people who import music & DJ gear, the general experience seems to be that anything of $1k+ value will attract the attention of the taxman. Suggesting that ours get shipped direct from the US was tongue in cheek really. That's a small bonus that's being offered to American customers. Down here in Aus, there are no bonuses. We're 5,000 bloody miles from anything. :D OP Ltd will do it as they see fit... I'm expecting ours to ship from the UK to be honest.

[edit] WizardStan got in before me, we covered some of the same stuff.

At the end of the day, we probably don't need to be grilling them for immediate answers on this. Americans are getting a small favour, for the rest of us it's Plan A. No biggie.

Im new on the forum and I can honestly say I am impressed with the level of growth in this company. I've had my eye on this for over a year. All of you b**tards convinced me. Thanks alot, now I have to spend +300 on another portable system. :p I am completely sold now on the Pandora. Previously I bought a GP2X on Ebay. And thought I'd hop on the Pandora train but it seems I haven't received a response yet. I sen two emails from two different addresses, it is the weekend & I realize that. But I read someone was waiting for a response for 3 days. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just send the 330.00 to them via paypal. (Ha) Anyways, just thought I'd chime in as well about the no response on the preorder emails.

The Customers in USA where deliefered by the faktory in texas, but what is whit the things like sdhc carts, tv cables, the bag, are they in the faktory, ore do you deliefer they in a second packet?, thats a problem in the logistik.. :lol:

craigix said:
you will get answers soon, there are a lot of emails to work through.

Fair enough. :) Thank you for your company having the vision and imagination to bringing this to fruition. If I don't make the cut for the first run out then the Dingoo will have to be a replacement for the end of the year. :p

Portable Systems I now own
Nintendo DS
GP2X
Sony PSP
And I just went in a time machine and I do have a Pandora in the future :)

HealyHQ said:
In October the factory will start to populate 4000 Pandora PCBs, this will be a slow process at first
which will become substantially faster after the initial 800.
As the PCBs are completed, they are tested then put in to cases, boxed up and shipped out to you.

How long will the slower population of boards process take? Will 800 be finished by November? Will the 4000 be completed and dispatched before December?

You guys must have a rough idea. Being quite vague there :)

Great stuff :D

Sphinxter said:
Does shipped from TI mean we get a box?

I don't think TI are doing the assembly/shipping!

(could be wrong, I guess)

Pleng said:
Sphinxter said:
Does shipped from TI mean we get a box?

I don't think TI are doing the assembly/shipping!

(could be wrong, I guess)

They are, Craig said it was a service they offered all of their customers.

-God Ginrai

Oh sorry.

I thought that Craig said that sending units directly to the customers was a service offered by whichever factory they are using.

I didn't realize that the factory was actually TI. But then I haven't been paying that much attention these last few days.

Pleng said:
Oh sorry.

I thought that Craig said that sending units directly to the customers was a service offered by whichever factory they are using.

I didn't realize that the factory was actually TI. But then I haven't been paying that much attention these last few days.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. The factory is doing the assembly and shipping for US customers. I don't think it's a TI factory. I'm assuming that most people are getting confused between "Texas Instruments" and "the factory in Texas" and assuming they're one and the same.

Vorporeal said:
Pleng said:
Oh sorry.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. The factory is doing the assembly and shipping for US customers. I don't think it's a TI factory. I'm assuming that most people are getting confused between "Texas Instruments" and "the factory in Texas" and assuming they're one and the same.
TI is doing the boards and assembly, mostly shipped to the UK, but some are being boxed, packaged, sent for the US customers by TI (at a cost to OP).

Back