Different Firmwares

I use Slubman's firmware aswell.

It is by far the best firmware available, reason being that it incorperates everything that you need, without having to boot into multiple firmwares to access it.

You have a file explorer, a launcher, a linker, a formatter all in the same package.

If Slubman would allow users to customise the interface, it would be absolutely perfect.

Drewus posted on Mar 31 2005 at 08:33 AM said:
I use Slubman's firmware aswell.

It is by far the best firmware available, reason being that it incorperates everything that you need, without having to boot into multiple firmwares to access it.

You have a file explorer, a launcher, a linker, a formatter all in the same package.

If Slubman would allow users to customise the interface, it would be absolutely perfect.
If you want to be able to customise the interface you could simply use the Slubman explorer with YAFL or Wind-ups as your file-launcher and any linker you want to use. You wouldn't have the 'single package' but all you have to do is put three fxe's on your GP32 once and they would all be accessible from within the same firmware.

The only things that would require booting a different firmware are commercial games, most Fenix games and formatting but if you have more than one SMC you can have different firmwares booting automaticly depending on the SMC you insert.

I use Aquafish multifirmware with YAFL and the Slubman explorer on most of my SMC's but have my Fenix and commercial games on a different SMC that loads the Euro firmware instead. I never have to load a different firmware manually unless I want to format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use GPbios and Slubman launcher.
Its pretty quick.
The advantage of GPbios is that each smc can have a different 'firmware'.
I have one 16mb with a few emus that boots straight to slubmans and one 128mb smc with films that boots straight to gpcinema.

Basically it's all down to preference. The EU firmware is fine - if you want bells and whistles then go with windups or whatever.

woogal posted on Mar 30 2005 at 08:42 PM said:
They can be. A firmware on the gp32 is a bios + an executable. Take yafl, combine it with a bios and you've got a yafl firmware. You can actually make a firmware out of any fxe but just don't try and do it with an fxe that can't launch other files :).

mmhhhh... could be a way to make the gp32 attractive for newbies...tell gpbios to run a file called "1.fxe" and put this file on one 8mb smc... one smc per game, even suitable for veeeeeeeeery dumb ones :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back