Dingoo Video (another Dingoo Thread)

eksasol

Made a quick video testing some of the roms. It is connected to my tv tuner so the quality is lower and any blurs are artificial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6P-ukQKNT0

If the screen tearing people talking about is what I'm thinking, I only get some tearing for a particular textures in games that are moving very fast and it rarely occurs, and seems to be a software issue since my tv tuner recorded the tearin, if you pay attention to the explosions in the Aero Fighter game, but it doesn't look that bad in the actual lcd.

All the current softwares and emulators inluded are needed to be replaced. For now it seem to be good handheld to play small acrade games, beside Nes which run full speed. No point of playing 50hours rpg at half speed and no fastfoward to level up. There is a limit to the video resolution, it can get slower past a certain resolution regardless of bitrates, 400x300 seem to be the best compromise. The sound quality is what impress me most about this device right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
eksasol posted on May 17 2009 at 05:12 PM said:
If the screen tearing people talking about is what I'm thinking, I only get some tearing for a particular textures in games that are moving very fast and it rarely occurs, and seems to be a software issue since my tv tuner recorded the tearin, if you pay attention to the explosions in the Aero Fighter game, but it doesn't look that bad in the actual lcd.
That's not screen tearing, that's an emulation glitch. It's pretty bad in many Genesis/MegaDrive games, but it's entirely due to software, not hardware.

Goity posted on May 18 2009 at 04:52 PM said:
I played FF6 at 6fps on the gp32 up to the final dungeon.
Poor you

That was 6fps at frameskip 4, so in the end it was roughly half speed, so it wasn't so bad.

Also here is the scan of the device. And RMAA benchmark of the sound performance.

th_dingoo.jpg th_dingoorear.jpg th_dingoormaa.jpg

Back