Discussion About Gba Emulators On Gp32

hi,

is it technically possible that games with a filesize obove 4mb will be emulated?
i mean, there are 4,8 and 16mb dumps. and the whole rom must be loaded into the ram of the gp32, right?

or is there another way to load the rom (maybe partically, or something else)?

Noone knows this yet, as this way of GBA emulation has not been done before. Just wait and see.
- And if it should not work, there still is the possibility of a RAM upgrade.

dr.no posted on Jul 7 2004 at 12:28 PM said:
Noone knows this yet, as this way of GBA emulation has not been done before. Just wait and see.
I'm hoping for that

/dream mode

Neo Geo emulation....

/dream mode

Last edited by a moderator:
dr.no posted on Jul 7 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
Sure we know because we read the two other threads in with the author of the emulator told us.

enf65 said on the gp32x boards that in the end 32 mb roms will be supported with minor loading during gameplay

yes i know
it rocks

enf65 posted on Jul 6 2004 at 01:25 PM said:
There is in theory no romsize limitation, for the moment it only support 4 mb roms, but it is possible (and planned) to support up to 32 mb roms. Nevertheless there will be small loadings during play.
I just have to write a small page handler to create virtual memory.
umm...
does he have too?

Hi,

Dou you know some commercial/homebrewn games wich run on GPadv ? I want to see some other games in action in this "in-the-future-very-great-emu" ;)

32 MBit games have a filesize of 4 Megabyte

so, i think emulation of games bigger than that isn't possible....

but i always thought gba emulation itself isn'tr possible, so i hope i will be surprised :)

Remember that this is still clocked to 66Mhz, so the games should run better when over clocking is enabled.

EDIT: Yes I did.

Back