Display brightness, help needed

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Hello,

I wanted to play my favourite game but display brightness is do dark (already put it on maximum)

Any idea how an can increase it above the systems maximum?

Thx alot

I think the "LCD settings" option in the Pandora menu could help. Perhaps increasing gamma?

I think the "LCD settings" option in the Pandora menu could help. Perhaps increasing gamma?
set the brightness level in the pandora menue at max.!!
The game is called Kings Field for the psx
It's called "Video Settings" -> "Advanced Gamma Settings", not brightness. Though when I tried adjusting the gamma, it didn't help, and washed all the colour out of the screen. Worth a try though

set the brightness level in the pandora menue at max.!!

The game is called Kings Field for the psx
It's called "Video Settings" -> "Advanced Gamma Settings", not brightness. Though when I tried adjusting the gamma, it didn't help, and washed all the colour out of the screen. Worth a try though
Thx but cant find this option in the psx emulator?

^ It's a general Pandora setting not emulator specific.

So just one game you are having trouble with? It may be a rendering issue with that specific game.. I don't have that game to try it myself.

Yes, the Video Settings option allows you to configure gamma and brightness. The first thing to do is ensure the backlight is set to maximum, which you can do by holding down FN+I. If nothing happens (or it's still not bright after it's brightened to max) you'll need to investigate gamma settings - I'd suggest choosing the Manage Gamma (Advanced) option which is actually the easiest way to mess with the gamma settings I find. Just choose 'Very Bright' and hit OK, which provides the most contrast between bright areas and dark ones (but less contrast between similarly bright areas, so it's only best for when you really need it). That's about as bright as you can get the Pandora screen to go (which admittedly is not all that bright if you're trying to use it outdoors on a summer's day).

Edit: I also don't have that game to try out, I'm afraid, though judging from a youtube playthrough, it may just be that the game backgrounds are very dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the latest PCSX Rearmed v19

if you are already in a game press space bar to get the menu...

Options->[Display]->Gamma adjustment

You can drive it above the default 100

Solved! Thx

One last question, does the pandora/PCSX support playstation usb controller?

Any one can advice me one which supports linux?

Thx alot

Back