Diy Ac Adapter

AXNJAXN

Website
axnjaxn.blogspot.com
I know that the Game Boy Advance cord is the same voltage. I also know that swapping the polarity isn't hard - I could do that without much problem.

However, I took a look at the back of the GP32 and a couple things don't make sense.

For one, the label voltage on the back of my BLU+ doesn't match the voltage on the bottom next to the connector. The label lists it as 2V 500mA, whereas the bottom says "DC 3V IN".

Another thing: The GBA cord is rated at 300mA instead of 500mA. I run at 166mHz most of the time, so I'm hoping that's enough current to keep things moving without damaging my BLU+.

Can someone enlighten me here?

Hi,

The GBA power adaptor should be ok with you GP32 as long as it is not much more than 3 volts (-/+ 0.5v) and you reverse the polarity by swapping the wires around.

The thing is, The adaptor may not have enough oomph in it to power the GP, But it won`t hurt to try. The worse that could happen (as long as you did the above) is the GP won`t power up, And you may need an adaptor with a higher mAh rating (500mAh +).

Trooper

Well, I'm hoping this has enough current here. I'm 200mAh short. I hate to cut up an adapter for no reason.

Think I should still go for it?

EDIT:

I did it. Inside the cord was one wrapped and one unwrapped set of wires, which I was able to twist together (no solder this time) and wrap seperately. I wrapped them both up, and plugged it in (no batteries) and it worked great. I took my GP32 up to its maximum overclocking at 166mHz and the adapter still provided enough power. This all worked out great!

Chances are you'll get a section of the screen that's lighter, or wavy lines, like on my 300mA plug.

Wavy lines? I already got those every once in a while. It will be good enough to hold me over during the fifteen minutes whenever my I-c3 batteries are charging ^_^.

Back