Dj software on panda?

Zadak

Still Fresh
Is there an app for DJ software on the Pandora?

something like Virtual DJ, DSS DJ or DJS

I've spent the last hour trying to find decent open source options. The big obvious one is mixxx, but I don't know how suitable that would be for the Pandora. In any case I can't look into it because it uses scons to compile.

Any suggestions?

I'm no DJ, but Mixxx (Wikipedia) looks promising:

free, open source, C++, Qt

:eek: Gruso was faster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixxx can be great,

it just need a good integration of the pandora controls, that will be the easy part.

Saddly, I don't think Pandora had enought power to handle it, last time I test Mixxx was on my IBM thinkpad X24, and it wasn't a pleasure to use...

I've spent the last hour trying to find decent open source options. The big obvious one is mixxx, but I don't know how suitable that would be for the Pandora. In any case I can't look into it because it uses scons to compile.

Any suggestions?
Here are my changes in the SConstruct file of paintown. I guess it might help ;)

Oh I get it, it's another one of those vicious spikes in my learning curve. :D Thanks for the info, I'll attempt to digest it.

Any suggestions?
Here are my changes in the SConstruct file of paintown. I guess it might help ;)

Oh I get it, it's another one of those vicious spikes in my learning curve. :D Thanks for the info, I'll attempt to digest it.

Glad it's not just me getting in at the deep end with the pandora :D

I'm a Mixxx user and would really love to see it on the Pandora.

It has a netbook theme which proves it can handle small screens, but it can be a bit processor hungry. I'm also not sure how much fun it would be with a single audio output, anyone succeeded in getting any USB soundcards working? Maybe we could use bluetooth too.

I'm glad someone brings the pandora and mixxx on topic at last.

As I'm a DJ for a long time one of my main wishes for the pandora has been to be able to "pocket-mix" mp3s on little parties...

Unfortunately I'm a linux noob :(

A year ago and friend who is quite into the hacking stuff tried to compile some stuff but then noticed that a lot of drivers or libraries or whatever for the sound and plugins are not implemented in our angstrom distri... we also tried to just install the standard Ubuntu to be able to install the Ubuntu Mixxx version but we didn't even got this workin...

There has been a short but maybe interesting discussion on the Mixxx Forums quite a while ago which you might already know...

http://www.mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292

I would like to offer my help (in) anyway =)

cheers, beat

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I suspect they don't DJ at all.

Iirc they have a live-show using some C64 hardware and a bunch of synthesizers.

Anyway, I think mixxx would require a heavily modified GUI to work on the pandora, but it would be awesome if it worked :)

This would be nice if it happened. I use audacity to record stuff for live shows right now but actual DJ programs for the Pandora would be stellar.

This is relevant to my interests, too...

But have you seen the minimum hw requirements of mixxx?

Anyway, we would need a realtime kernel.

Back