Do People Outside The Us Say Bm?

TelcoLou posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:48 AM said:
have you ever used it in conversation? Not me ... It's nobody's fucking business if I need to relieve myself ... I don't announce it, nor disguise it in obscure abbreviations. If I need to go, I simply say "excuse me, I need to use the bathroom".
Me neither. I normally say "I'm going for a crap".

Last edited by a moderator:
it obviously means blood glucose

Edit: sorry that does not make sense... although thats what the wikipedia says.

lol2232 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
it obviously means blood glucose

Edit: sorry that does not make sense... although thats what the wikipedia says.

No no, it makes perfect sense:

* Blood glucose. From Boehringer Mannheim test. A blood glucose testing strip made by the German pharmaceutical company.

I'm Welsh and I have no idea what BM is.

Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p. I mean, you would love me for sarcastically saying all Americans live in Canada, it's part of the same rock so it's the same place isn't it?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:54 AM said:

Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p. I mean, you would love me for sarcastically saying all Americans live in Canada, it's part of the same rock so it's the same place isn't it?
not all, just most of us do

Edit: I'm so retarded. Just reread WFUK's post and it didn't say what I thought it did - too early in the morning :blink:

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:54 AM said:

I usually just say UK. Is that the correct way to refer to the whole island?

michaeljustman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:54 AM said:

I usually just say UK. Is that the correct way to refer to the whole island?

Yeah, UK or GB is fine :).

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:54 AM said:
Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p
All your Wales are belong to us!

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales. The British Isles includes Ireland as well.
The United Kingdom is England, Scotland and Wales plus other places the UK government rules over including Northern Ireland and Gibraltar etc.

Javacat posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:54 AM said:
Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p
All your Wales are belong to us!
No that's Whales you're on about, and they live in the sea, not in the UK :p.

michaeljustman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:56 AM said:
Forgive my ignorance, but are they not like the states we have in the US? I say that I live in Texas, but you all know that that means I live in the US.
Nope, individual states would be equivalent to our Counties. i.e. I live in county called Ceredigion, and that's in Wales which is a country.

As an interesting fact, do you know the Welsh are the original Britons?

Back