Do People Outside The Us Say Bm?

nubie

Recovering Jerk-A-Holic
Website
Visit site
Magnulus didn't know what BM meant, my question is:

Is BM an expression used in England or the rest of the English-speaking world?

I mentioned to him the fact that it is in the Mel Brooks movie "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"

The Prince doesn't want to hear the Sherriff's bad news and mentions his BM.

Any thoughts? (I know that the UK guys aren't awake, but I will check back tomorrow).

Oh, for crying out loud. The topic is now Us and Bm, I clearly typed US and BM. I suppose it is to prevent all caps shouting from newbs and flamers, but this is going a bit far.

michaeljustman posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
BM as in ***********? :huh:

Why shouldn't the UK guys be awake? It's earlier there than it is here and I'm awake. :p
Way to ruin it, I wanted to see what would happen if they didn't use it, they would guess or something . . . or call me names. Can you edit that out, or make it cryptic?

And I care, obviously. DCGM. I happen to find the English interesting and the differences in our cultures intrigues me.

Also, has anyone in England or elsewhere seen the show Keen Eddie? I thought it was awesome, I have it on DVD because my friend destroyed the tapes I had of every episode (a shame really because there is a claim that the DVD has crappy music replacing some of the original music, a claim I can't substantiate without my tapes :().

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:23 AM said:
michaeljustman posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
BM as in ***********? :huh:

Why shouldn't the UK guys be awake? It's earlier there than it is here and I'm awake. :p
Way to ruin it, I wanted to see what would happen if they didn't use it, they would guess or something . . . or call me names. Can you edit that out, or make it cryptic?

And I care, obviously. DCGM. I happen to find the English interesting and the differences in our cultures intrigues me.

Also, has anyone in England or elsewhere seen the show Keen Eddie? I thought it was awesome, I have it on DVD because my friend destroyed the tapes I had of every episode (a shame really because there is a claim that the DVD has crappy music replacing some of the original music, a claim I can't substantiate without my tapes :().

Sorry. Edited my post.

You should have said that you didn't want anyone to come out and say it. :p

Don't you think they'll just google it anyway?

TelcoLou posted on Jul 25 2006 at 06:55 PM said:
What the fuck are you on about? BM? :huh:

Ok, you bastards made me google it. :angry:

I never refer to 'it' as BM. That's just plain stupid.

I have no fucking idear what you yankees are talking about, so i just declare you stupid.
I hope thats ok.

Vimacs posted on Jul 25 2006 at 07:25 PM said:
I have no fucking idear what you yankees are talking about, so i just declare you stupid.
I hope thats ok.
oh hi vimacs nice of you to show us all you're alive :p

But seriously, people who call it a BM should die. Theyre the same people who say darn instead of damn ;)

jmetal88 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 07:43 PM said:
I thought BM meant bowel movement?

Apparantly it does, but have you ever used it in conversation? Not me ... It's nobody's fucking business if I need to relieve myself ... I don't announce it, nor disguise it in obscure abbreviations. If I need to go, I simply say "excuse me, I need to use the bathroom".

Sheeeesh/10 :rolleyes:

ilovebm.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

BM may stand for:

* Air Sicilia IATA code
* Baby Mamma, the popular street term for the mother of one's illegitimate child.
* Bachelor of Music
* Bachelor of [ spam word ]
* Bambara language (ISO 639 alpha-2, bm)
* Bass Management In Surround Sound/Music
* Bayu Indonesia Air IATA code
* Bermuda, ISO 2-letter country code (BM)
* Black Mage, 8 Bit Theater and character class in popular RPGs (Final Fantasy, etc.)
* Black Metal, a form of music
* Blaster Master, a video-game by Sunsoft.
* Blood glucose. From Boehringer Mannheim test. A blood glucose testing strip made by the German pharmaceutical company.
* Body modification, the action of changing one's body for aesthetic or functional reasons.(e.g. Tattoos, scarification, piercings etc)
* Bolinder-Munktell, now a part of the Volvo brand as Volvo BM. See http://zip.to/bm
* Boston and Maine Corporation (AAR reporting mark BM)
* Bowel movement (medical abbreviation and slang)
* Bm stands for the chord of B minor
* British Monomarks, a long-standing British provider of private postal forwarding services
* British Museum in London
* Burning Man, an annual event held in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada, U.S.
* Myanmar, FIPS Pub 10-4 and obsolete NATO digram

Edit: Yes, it must be Blaster Master. My apologies to all.

Back