Do we really need a full sized USB host port and HDMI?

FullUSB is an absolute, straightforward MUST

It pretty much saved the P1 from a wifi disaster, and is incredibly useful.

I don't think the USB port adds much thickness, anyway, since its next to (not on top of) the battery

If you want a thin computing device, you've got a note. Probably a a note 3 or 4 when the P2 comes out.

The less the P2 is like a smartphone, the better. No-one has said 'hey! an ugly smartphone' on seeing my pandora - is always 'Is that like a mini computer?'

Make it wider (by around 1cm)

Design a tough case

stuff it with as many connectors, as big a battery and as much useful hardware as possible.

When talking about how this plays into a P2 though, device thickness becomes an issue. I'd like to see the P2 come in under 20mm. This is where my dream device and 'must have full sized USB and HDMI ports' collide.
I doubt that a clamshell device will be comfortable to hold with a thickness of <20mm

Rounding off the base and a tougher-looking construction would do wonders.

Thick rubber sides, aluminium faces, etc

We REALLY do not need MicroSD since SD is the most-used Camera/Camcorder storage method. While anyone could use a USB cord instead..... That's no fun. Anyone using a MicroSD most likely already has an adapter to SD. Also, SD is faster.

I doubt that a clamshell device will be comfortable to hold with a thickness of <20mm

I <3 clamshells

Seriously, we don't need this argument again.

ED doesn't like only microSD - forum readers mostly like fullSD - Craig sez microSD is the future.

Maybe slower, maybe lower cpy, maybe not

Back