Do you have any tattoos?

It's got to be you, proto. I think maybe we should start a collection for it

I've got a subgenius crazy tatoo; always meant to get an Atari fuji and/or Canadian maple leaf but never got around to them..

Got my tongue pierced almost 20 years ago now, before piercings got too be commonplace; I keep meaning to take it out (still using metal bar, not plastic ones like folks use nowadays.. my teeth are already long wrecked into metal bar shape :p ) but it was a PITA to get, so I keep it. I'm too fond of it, but really should get it out...

Gonna have 3 kids soon, shouldn't I grow up one of these days?

jeff

(answer is 'fuck no' ;) ("fuck 'em if they can't take a joke" and "dont' just eat a hamburger, eat the hell out of it" come to mind)

well if you lot fancy paying for it, i'll make my first tattoo a pandora logo

paying means teh price of the tat, and at least £100 ontop of that so there's a reason to get one at all XD

If I'm paying someone to get a tat, its not going to be a pandora logo; it'd be something nasty ;)

So no, you can pay for your own tat ;) (talk to Craig, maybe he'd sponsor it ;)

jeff

I've got a subgenius crazy tatoo; always meant to get an Atari fuji and/or Canadian maple leaf but never got around to them..

Got my tongue pierced almost 20 years ago now, before piercings got too be commonplace; I keep meaning to take it out (still using metal bar, not plastic ones like folks use nowadays.. my teeth are already long wrecked into metal bar shape :p ) but it was a PITA to get, so I keep it. I'm too fond of it, but really should get it out...

Gonna have 3 kids soon, shouldn't I grow up one of these days?

jeff

(answer is 'fuck no' ;) ("fuck 'em if they can't take a joke" and "dont' just eat a hamburger, eat the hell out of it" come to mind)
Hell no, you're never too old for tats and/or piercings. You might have to deal with the kids wanting them as well after seeing yours, my son is 5 and keeps asking for a tatoo of a shark. :blink: He'll have to wait a few years for that though!

I myself have 4 tattoos and both ears pierced, my wife has 8 tattoos and a bunch of piercings(ears, tongue, navel). We'd probably have more if they weren't so damn expensive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they always tend to go a bit greenish, regardless of the colour, so might as well have Nintendo Red, I'd go red anyway but that's because my tattoos look like theyre from a childrens colouring book.

Colour in Tattoos tend to fade over time, so black is always better to use black.
Get an empty outline and just fill it in every couple of weeks with a permanent marker. You could have a different coloured tattoo every month!

Apparently that's a myth, colour doesn't fade any quicker than black

I'll have to let you know in years to come, I have red, blue, yellow, brown, green, orange, pink and purple in my tattoos, my coloured tats have thick black outlines.

The lighter colors like white and yellow do fade faster. The darker colors tend to kind of blend together over time and you loose definition. I have one colored tat and the rest are just black. The colored one is an eagle and the tips of the feathers and claws have lost there color as they were a yellowish orange. Plus it's my oldest one, had it for 18 years now.

Thanks for the info, Orion. :)

Is this for real?

amazing_tattoos_14.jpg

http://trendtatto-designnewer-allsajidah.blogspot.com/2010/12/art-of-tattoos.html

id be more scared doing something like this, plus its never a good idea to jump on a tattoo fad, otherwise you end up with a tramp stamp
eyeball-tattoo-1Josh%E2%80%99s_Blue_Eye_Project_Continues__large.jpg

Well, it's an expensive procedure, but tattoo reversals/removals have existed for many years now.

By the way, I can't be bothered Googling...but that eye tattoo CANNOT be real?

The eye one is real, there is a video of it being done, thing is the sclera doesn't hold the ink very well it just spreads, I have seen tongue and lip tattoos but none of them are very detailed, usually limited to a few words at best, such as 'vodka', so no matter how drunk you get you can still order your favorite drink.

I seriously doubt that tongue tat is real. That eye tattoo is probably real but it's a waste, the eye flushes itself out constantly so that won't be around for long.

On a side note they do have glow-in-the-dark and/or UV reflective(blacklight) tattoo ink now. Check it out, http://www.google.com/search?q=glow+in+the+dark+tattoo+ink&hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS365US365&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ub_zTarkLIrMgQeLpK3TCw&ved=0CFkQsAQ&biw=1676&bih=804

The only thing is that from what I've heard the inks used degrade fairly quikly and don't react well to long exposure to direct sunlight.

Back