Do Any Of You Have Regrets?

EvilDragon said:
Soo... if you knew what caused this, have you put this into the Bugtracker?

I'm no fancy hardware design hobbyist, but is it possible to add to the firmware a little "support" application with, say, shortcuts to the bug tracker, the website, recent dev news, etc? Consider that hundreds of people might have received their Pandora's, only dozens of them post here, and only a few of those know how to report bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually if you wanted bug reports it might be the people dedicated enough that they come to the forums that you want bug reports from because they're niche enough that they know what to look for and what to report instead of getting 200 "yo, this shit's broke!" comments without a clear understanding of how the issue occurred.

SomeGuy99 said:
I hate to break it to you, but the shoulder buttons (when they work) just aren't that good. They don't feel nice at all, and I'm hoping some kind of mod will make improve the feel/travel.
To be honest I said i didn't care for the shoulder button switches when I first tried them with my early prototype. They are too "clicky" for my liking and would have prefered a switch with lower gram force (less click, softer). Maybe MWeston had trouble finding a different switch, can't remember.

I think that could be solved by changing the tact switch in there to a different one though.

DaveC said:
To be honest I said i didn't care for the shoulder button switches when I first tried them with my early prototype. They are too "clicky" for my liking and would have prefered a switch with lower gram force (less click, softer). Maybe MWeston had trouble finding a different switch, can't remember.
Would you say the shoulder buttons are similar to those in the DS Phat or DSi?

DaveC said:
SomeGuy99 said:
I hate to break it to you, but the shoulder buttons (when they work) just aren't that good. They don't feel nice at all, and I'm hoping some kind of mod will make improve the feel/travel.

I think that could be solved by changing the tact switch in there to a different one though.

So it's confirmed then! How hard would it be to change the switches? Does it require unsoldering and resoldering parts of the board?

First prize on the Dpad by the way; it's very nice.

Aethix said:
Would you say the shoulder buttons are similar to those in the DS Phat or DSi?

They have less travel, and as DaveC said - feel too hard and clicky.

x68000 said:
^ We need GP32 'minimal'
Boot into minimenu mode and run
http://notaz.gp2x.de/misc/pnd/background_killer.pnd

this will get you closer.

As mentioned an assumption was made for whatever reason regarding zodd.

But I don't see anything wrong with charging for something, if people don't feel it's worth it, it just wont sell, simple as that.
Worth it can mean many things:
1) Quality not good enough.
2) Feel it was a simple recompile, so someone else will release for free.
3) Too expensive.
4) Etc.

But whatever the reason, I don't see anything inherently wrong.

From what I remember which could easily be wrong, zodd was waiting for pandora (like everyone) so did iPhone stuff. I'm sure most of you are now aware but here you go anyway:

zodttd said:
Hi everyone,

With tons of pressure built up as Pandora's are making their way to people here, I must be honest in saying I've been way behind in psx4pandora development. I have spent the past while working on it though.

While I chat, download the PND file (approval probably coming shortly for the appstore) here:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora.pnd

---- SNIP ------

Bring on the feedback and let's get this polished up.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Bosbeetle said:
Loonie said:
I regret that I didn't order sooner.

But I tried I was there f5ing the freaking site and ordered as soon as possible and still I am only in at 250-350

How many keyboards have you got through, because it seems like that's all the we do sometimes is f5'ing like crazy :lol:

I don't have mine yet.
I'm actually pretty glad that I'm early after the first 1000.
Not in the 1st mini batch where things during the assembly process was being worked out.
But very early into the 2nd mini batch kicks off.

From everything that I've read I'm really optimistic. I think that sometimes people can take negative comments to heart.
It's like your not allowed to say anything bad. The funny thing is, usually the person still likes their Pandora, but people pick on the negative and that's all that is remembered and it steam rolls.

How many reports have you read that someone has said I really hate this, nothing like I expected at all, it's just a pile of crap that I'll sell or will just gather dust?
Sure some are getting ebay'd but even then the one that I read about didn't say it was because it was crap.

Na-Noo said:
I really hate this, nothing like I expected at all, it's just a pile of crap that I'll sell or will just gather dust?

I'm dismayed that you were even allowed a first batch order, much less that you managed to get one from the first sub-batch when other more deserving folk who didn't order till last month are STILL waiting!!!

Wait - hangon, is that the kind of short-term memory issues you were talking about? ;)

Dangerous though. We now have the risk that someone else will remember my quoting you saying that, and think you really meant what I quoted the way I quoted it :(

Let's hope not though :)

Monk said:
Na-Noo said:
I really hate this, nothing like I expected at all, it's just a pile of crap that I'll sell or will just gather dust?

I'm dismayed that you were even allowed a first batch order[..]

i just skimmed thru this topic, but this quote struck me!
Na-Noo Who the f you think you are saying something like that?

I have sent you my address via PM, you can mail me the P ASAP. You'll get the money (+shipping cost) if i receive it!

Creature XL said:
I have sent you my address via PM, you can mail me the P ASAP. You'll get the money (+shipping cost) if i receive it!

There's always at least one, isn't there?

Oddly, today there are two - it's not JUST me!

Alpha2 said:
Actually if you wanted bug reports it might be the people dedicated enough that they come to the forums that you want bug reports from because they're niche enough that they know what to look for and what to report instead of getting 200 "yo, this shit's broke!" comments without a clear understanding of how the issue occurred.

It's possible to filter, merge, or delete those. You could even show a screen that says "Hey I noticed you were talking about shoulder buttons, does this already existing ticket describe your problem?"

My (unoriginal) philosophy is to encourage users to send me as many messages as possible, then read and delete every one. If there's things that are really bad, they won't let me forget it. If it's something that I want more information on, I can email them back.

So maybe a bug tracker link shouldn't be put in the most prominent part of the interface, but a contact form of some kind that goes to someone who could put things in the bug tracker would be nice.

Creature XL said:

He didn't actually say such things. Twas all just a "quoting" joke.

Kicker said:
Drack said:
Craig hit the nail on the head with this quote. The attitude of the users is one of the #1 things that discourage devs from working on projects like these. If the developer releases software before it's perfect, users will complain that it lacks feature X, has bug Y, or requires users to use configuration Z. If you take your time and release a good product free of obvious bugs or missing features, users will complain that it's not out yet, regardless that it's only been days since the platform launched to consumers.

Typical users demand perfect, bug-free and feature packed software with no time to properly develop it. What's more, they expect it for free and most will either ignore or even scoff at even the idea of donations being possible. I admit that since I develop proprietary commercial software I'm personally shielded from this, but I can imagine how developers for these projects feel when users take for granted the existence of a rich selection of top-notch software available at launch for free and raise hell otherwise.

I'm not asking for users to worship devs as gods (the IT dept. where I work does just that, and I think it's hilarious). Just acknowledge that every piece of software for this platform has a real person behind it, who sank hours into it and is giving it away for free. Yes, you can mention that it lacks feature X or report bugs, but don't ever expect developers to write something for any reason other than that they WANT to.

+5

+10

SONY said:
Creature XL said:

He didn't actually say such things. Twas all just a "quoting" joke.

:lol: Creature XL knows, and was perpetuating the joke... but this is becoming a perfect "miscommunication" example!

Back