Does Any Open Pandora Malware Exist?

Yes, but once you mount a filesystem it becomes posix compliant, and thus has permissions (even if you can't set them persistently).
Why do you think that is in any way useful?  Not being persistent means that any changes to them are lost as soon as they are made, which makes changing them in the first place somewhat pointless.

- Neelix

Yes, but once you mount a filesystem it becomes posix compliant, and thus has permissions (even if you can't set them persistently).
Why do you think that is in any way useful?  Not being persistent means that any changes to them are lost as soon as they are made, which makes changing them in the first place somewhat pointless.

- Neelix
That's a non-standard use of the word persistent. Persistent means across boots or executions of the program. There's tons of settings that I can set that get wiped out by closing the application or shutting the system down. This is generally done when a setting might break the application to give a chance to test it before making it permanent or for things which aren't likely to be wanted on a permanent basis.

And it's not really pointless, you just have  a script that changes all that when it mounts the volume. Probably not as good a solution as using a filesystem that has real permissions, but it's kind of a PITA to use non-MS filesystems in Windows.

op-vizzini:/media/PND-DATA/Other$ ls -l Super*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 258300601 2013-04-03 21:27 SuperZaxxonB1.zip
op-vizzini:/media/PND-DATA/Other$ sudo chmod 755 SuperZaxxonB1.zip
op-vizzini:/media/PND-DATA/Other$ ls -l Super*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 258300601 2013-04-03 21:27 SuperZaxxonB1.zip
op-vizzini:/media/PND-DATA/Other$
Sure, you can adjust the permissions for the whole file system as a whole, but you can't change permissions on individual files even temporarily. That makes it useless for the for the purposes being discussed.
- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... Also ME never happened, I regressed everything about it.
Didn't know if KillRoXx was supposed to be joking, but meh, I thought Win95 and Win98 were pretty good, much better than my experience with Linux at the time, which I couldn't get to do anything, not even use my 56k modem to get me on the internet.

That said, I never used ME, so I can't comment on that one ;)
i was a 200x user. refering to the 2000's models. WINDOWS XP. dude guys they ended support for it. D:

After reading this thread I decided to turn off my Pandora and remove the battery. Now I am 100% protected against malware! I can recommend this to everyone: finally that nagging feeling of being not secure is gone, so playing with the Pandora is a lot more fun now!

Sure, there are some downsides to this, for example I can't seem to start any of the emulators ... also Pandora Flashlight seems to be broken now (the screen just stays black), but this just tells me that these applications were potentially harmfull ... otherwise they would still work, right?

Back