Does Anyone Have A Spare Power Adapter?

darklight1138

Long story short, I made an unfortunate decision regarding a place I moved into. Things got ugly, I had to leave in a hurry, and I grabbed some stuff AND my Caanoo but not the power adapter. The person renting me the room got rid of ALL of my stuff (Xbox, TV, desktop computer, a bunch of other things). I am in pretty bad shape and this shouldn't be a big concern, but playing my Caanoo does help me forget reality for a bit. 

So, does anyone have a spare ac adapter for the Caanoo (American)? Or even a USB cable to plug my Caanoo into my netbook? I have very little money but I can pay. Can't find one online. 

Thanks a lot guys, in advance. 

Sorry to hear about the case.

I have none power adapters but about the cable, I heard there is an old cel phone type cable that will fit the caanoo. Can´t quite remember which.
Check around the forum, specially about TV out home made cables. It was were I saw this info. IIRC, it was the same cable the caanoo uses.

It was an old phone power cable and I think they may go quite cheap.

I don't have an extra but you can use this charger, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-iGO-Universal-Home-AC-Power-Wall-Charger-Adapter-/251278248389?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a8159c9c5

With this tip, http://www.ebay.com/itm/iGo-Power-Tip-A20-A26-A39-A40-A43-A64-A73-A80-A88-A103-A131-A141-Charging-Plug-/151079520348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232d0a885c

Works perfectly, and if you have a Wiz you can use an A06 tip.

Also, if you buy the USB adapter yoy can have a data connection to transfer files, http://www.ebay.com/itm/iGo-Power-Tip-A20-A26-A39-A40-A43-A64-A73-A80-A88-A103-A131-A141-Charging-Plug-/151079520348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232d0a885c

I know you said you don't have a lot of cash but it's not terribly expensive really and there's plenty of other adapters for it which could also come in handy

Thanks for the help, guys. Went with the recommendations of Orion and found the right charger and tip. Good news is that it charges, bad news is I guess my Caanoo has finally broken -- the d-pad wants to continuously register down, as in it will automatically scroll downward on menus. I can't win, oh well. Thanks guys. 

The same thing happened to mine. I bought one brand new a some months ago and in a few weeks I had this problem. I thought I broke it. But I had my doubts because I'm careful with my controllers and they last long. So I decided to open the thing to see if there was anything weird. I didn't see anything. So I applied 3 drops of 3 in one oil to the analog stick. I moved the stick around a little then I let it stand for a while. Then I close everything up and voila it works like new. It has been like 2 months since I did it and I have no problems whatsoever.

darklight1138 said:
Thanks for the help, guys. Went with the recommendations of Orion and found the right charger and tip. Good news is that it charges, bad news is I guess my Caanoo has finally broken -- the d-pad wants to continuously register down, as in it will automatically scroll downward on menus. I can't win, oh well. Thanks guys. 
I'd open it up and look for grit/plastic residue or stuff lodged near the UP direction. My guess is something got into the D-Pad near UP and is pushing the pad in the opposite direction do much that it's touching DOWN.

You've got nothing to lose if the machine isn't working properly anyway. If you don;t want to open it up, then just give the thing a damn good shake, especially while pressing the DOWN button, as if anything is pushing it down, it may dislodge.

Back