Does It Feel Like Christmas To Anyone Else?

Jumpman

Advanced Member
When I was young, December 1st-24th always felt like six years. The wait for Christmas every year was just brutal, my parents never seemed to make it any better. I think they loved to torture me every holiday.

My first video game system was a Colecovision, and I was 9 or 10 when I got it. I think that was one of my favorite gifts I ever received. Now I'm waiting on my Pandora, and the wait for this shipping email is agonizing. I'm in the 250-350 range(as of december 09), so I'm hoping today or tomoorow, or in the worst case, hopefully by friday. I was hoping to get it by the weekend though, as I am 100% sure I went with UPS express. I knew I would never be able to wait 1-2 weeks for standard post.

I'm checking my inbox several times an hour. I want to contact Jackie, to make sure my address is corect, and to check my place, but I confirmed all that 6 months ago, but I'm feeling worried, something might not be right, and then my shippment might go to the wrong address. Plus Gruso,siad not to hassle the girls with emails if you have already confirmed your info. I'm going bonkers just like I was 10 all over again.

Thanks to the Pandora for bringing back such great childhood memories, and horrors all at the same time. Hopefully I can start making new memories very soon. Good luck to everyone out there!

Chris

Well it won't be today or tomorrow, as of today they have shipped just over 100 its estimated from quotes from Craig, so at least wednesday onwards my friend....there i saved you a day of not checking your inbox! I'm so kind to people!
Seriously though i know how you feel, I'm around 175-200 odd so i'm checking my inbox even though i know it wont be till wednesday at least probably for me also, its certainly up there with my PS1 and Master System for getting excited about a new machine!

it does and i dont even know when i'm likely to see mine as i never asked so can only join the huge guessing game as to where i might be in the queue. i have bought my sdcards though, i swore never to buy them until my pandora was imminent... so im hoping it'l be sooner rather than later

jumpman said:
When I was young, December 1st-24th always felt like six years. The wait for Christmas every year was just brutal, my parents never seemed to make it any better. I think they loved to torture me every holiday.

My first video game system was a Colecovision, and I was 9 or 10 when I got it. I think that was one of my favorite gifts I ever received. Now I'm waiting on my Pandora, and the wait for this shipping email is agonizing. I'm in the 250-350 range(as of december 09), so I'm hoping today or tomoorow, or in the worst case, hopefully by friday. I was hoping to get it by the weekend though, as I am 100% sure I went with UPS express. I knew I would never be able to wait 1-2 weeks for standard post.

I'm checking my inbox several times an hour. I want to contact Jackie, to make sure my address is corect, and to check my place, but I confirmed all that 6 months ago, but I'm feeling worried, something might not be right, and then my shippment might go to the wrong address. Plus Gruso,siad not to hassle the girls with emails if you have already confirmed your info. I'm going bonkers just like I was 10 all over again.

Thanks to the Pandora for bringing back such great childhood memories, and horrors all at the same time. Hopefully I can start making new memories very soon. Good luck to everyone out there!

Chris

Right there with you. It's intensified by the future-nostalgia brought on by the retro stuff I intend to do with it. Takes me back. I figure I've still got at least 25 days to go before I get a happygram in my inbox, so I'll just sit over here, gnawing my knuckles and bouncing in my chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
EmuGuy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MOpnBsYJOI&feature=youtube_gdata

The sad thing is... That's the second time I have seen that video linked on these forums. <_<

-God Ginrai

As much as I'd love a Pandora, I think I'll wait till the emulation efforts for it have matured more and have more optimization/features built in.

Also, if I wait it out for a while, what are the chances you reckon of the thing getting price drops later on like most handhelds? ;)

MarzSyndrome said:
Also, if I wait it out for a while, what are the chances you reckon of the thing getting price drops later on like most handhelds? ;)

Considering that Craig already said that it is going to cost more for the next batch? Not very likely.

-God Ginrai

MarzSyndrome said:
As much as I'd love a Pandora, I think I'll wait till the emulation efforts for it have matured more and have more optimization/features built in.

The First Batchers are essentially getting their purchase subsidised by the goodwill of the creators wanting to get the product onto the marketplace. It's not gonna be this inexpensive again for the forseeable future (and/or ever).

And... interesting thread for you to choose to tell people you're not getting a Pandora.

Line O said:
And... interesting thread for you to choose to tell people you're not getting a Pandora.

Maybe we can get someone to change his custom label to "Grinch" or "Scrooge".

It is just like Christmas for me, but I'm afraid that with all this anticipation from the delays, its going to be a bit of a letdown to have to administer a Linux box before I can get anything fun done on it .. I mean, I just wish the thing shipped with a full suite of games to play, out of the box, is all .. I'm sure I'll get the hang of the PND and Appstore thing, though, so we'll see how it plays out .. for now though, I'm eying the postman hungrily.

QBJECT said:
Line O said:

Maybe we can get someone to change his custom label to "Grinch" or "Scrooge".
Hey now, I recently got my wallet burned with a GP2X Wiz without understanding beforehand that it's not seeing much activity atm *because* of the Pandora - so I can't exactly jump straight into its jacuzzi just yet.

Did Craig give any hint or rough estimate so far of just how much the price hike will be for the next batch?

As far as the Wiz being killed by the Pandora, there's a whole thread of discussion on that already (with the general counterpoint being that any lack of activity on the Wiz has more to do with the Wiz than the Pandora).

My point though wasn't that you don't want to buy a Pandora - it's expensive compared to a Dingoo or Wiz and may do a whole bunch of stuff you just aren't interested in doing, so that's cool - but that you came into a thread created with and filled with childlike exuberance and decided this was the thread where you had to tell people that you're not getting a Pandora and why.

That, sir, is just plain ole curmudgeonliness. :)

As far as the 'price hike', I don't recall any half-decent estimates, but the impression I got was that it would be up closer to $US400 than not. Of course, this is little more than rank speculation on my part, and since I just took the time to describe your actions as "curmudgeonliness" you may not wish to pay attention to what I have to say. :D

I guess I did pick a pretty bad thread to say "I can't really get it atm", did I? For that I apologise.

And thanks for the link to that thread, will take the time to read it thoroughly.

Well guys & gals, It's Christmas Eve for me, and I can't believe it. :lol:

It was february 2008 when I first heard of this little device, and now it's less than 24hrs away. I've been kicked in the nuts so many times over the last year I don't know if I'm coming or going when it comes to the Pandora. I'm super excited, and very calm all at the same time. I plan to do some more ebaying for the next hour, and then if I'm not to sleepy, some Red Dead Redemption before bed.

I hope this day will come for everyone here very soon. I'll try and post my opinions/review around this time tommorow(maybe sooner).

Thanks again to the team, and everyone here for making this such a wild and fruitful ride. I don't think I have ever typed so much in my entire life, but I guess tommorow, I can start typing on my new Pandora if it's not to uncomfortable. ;)

Chris

Back