Does The Psp Have Any Games?

palmertech

I have had a PSP for a long, long time, but really only got it so I could homebrew it and do some hardware mods. I don't really have any games for it, though.

Are there good PSP games, or are they a myth? I tend to trust the judgement of people here better than the "HAY welcome to teh 1337 PSP haxxoring forumz GTA is ofF TEH hook!!11" kind of places. :D

Definitely depends on what kind of game you like. The most popular games are not usually the ones I like. These are the ones I keep coming back to:

Burnout Legends
Burnout Dominator
Hot Shot Golf Open Tee I & II
Pursuit Force I and II
Tiger Woods PGA (the original)
Ace Combat X
Twisted Metal
Wipeout Pure and Pulse

By the way, when you properly mod the PSP, you can rip games and keep them on your Memory Stick. I've got 35 full PSP games on my 16gb right now.... :D

What? "Backups"? Oh no, that would be illegal! :lol: That was one of the main reasons I modded my PSP, actually.

I only have a 4gb card right now, but an 8gb is on the way. B) I like the older ace combat games, so I will certainly love that.

Right now, I am playing through Chrono Cross, and loving every bit. :D

personally i like the footie manager and socom games for PSP and via the PSX emulator which is full speed and awesome classics like theme park, theme park world and theme hospital

I believe Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (or something similar) is a remake of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA, which is an awesome game.

EDIT: I don't own a PSP, nor have I played this, but I've heard Monster Hunter is quite good.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Def Jam Fight for NY
N+
I like the Pursuit Force games
God of War was ok
Chilli Con Carnage
Crush (really cool)
Lumines

I've played too many to be able to remember them all
First too are must plays tho IMO

Burnout Legends mentioned above is great.

Don't forget the two GTA games & also Ridge Racer (old by now but still amazing)

Silent Hill Origins is really good if you like that type of game.

Wild Arms: XF is okay. I hear Jeanne D'arc is very good but I haven't started it yet.

Ridge Racers on a PSP at a demo kiosk was the sole reason I bought a PSP and I'm still playing it. Ridge Racers 2 is more of the same, but gameplay is improved and it feels just better. That means, controlling the car hasn't changed, but the traject from the first level to the last is more graduated where Ridge Racers 1 makes some big jumps.

Two other games that I can play endlessly are Luxor: Wrath of Seth and Luxor: Pharao's Quest.

Outrun 2006 c2c is also pretty good.

Can't come up with much other worthwile games and that's why my PSP's have mostly been lying in the chest for the last year. Unless you like first person shooters, there seem to be a few really good games around.

God of War is good, if a bit short.

I really didn't like crisis core (it was me giving the final fantasy series one last chance :p)

Crisis core is OK, but the battles get boring very quickly, the tern based system from the original is much better.

I don't play mine that often, but when I do, here's what I liked.

God of War
Outrun 2006
Power Stone Collection
Disgaea
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tokobot
Wipeout Pulse and Pure
MGS Portable Ops
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed was ok but not worth buying.
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
I haven't played Exit on PSP, but I liked the 360 version.
And Manhunt 2 was a lot better than most people give it credit for. I guess most reviews put it in the high 7.x range, which sounds about right to me, but I think most gamers just wrote it off. Download the uncensored version instead of paying for the censored one, though.

I don't know what Squirrel61 is on about, though, as I can't think of too many FPSes for the PSP. There are tons of (J)RPGs, though, so if you're into that sort of thing, both the PSP and the DS should keep you very happy.

Has anyone tried the Katamari game?

I just bought Katamari Damacy for the PS2 and my friends played through it, it is pretty fun. (note, you will need to have an open mind and enjoy having simple fun.)

nubie said:
Has anyone tried the Katamari game?

I just bought Katamari Damacy for the PS2 and my friends played through it, it is pretty fun. (note, you will need to have an open mind and enjoy having simple fun.)
It's pretty good, but it suffers a bit from the lack of a second analog stick. Playing with the buttons on the right side is kind of awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega Mega Drive Collection
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Gradius Collection
Space Invaders Evolution
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Super Monkey Ball Adventure

Back