Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Null

Snug
Website
elderberry.sdf-eu.org
Due to popular demand :lol: here's my poll about whether the statement "Your source to open source entertainment" sounds a little weird or not.

Go on then get voting :p + ignore the completely intentional mistake in the thread title. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe just drop the second "source"?

nice pointless poll btw

rgds

happy pointless poll voter :)

Pretty sure the phrase "source to" isn't correct for the way it's being used. It should be "source for", unless it's something like "I never give my source to anyone".

And as long as we're being honest, I don't like the color scheme of the front page...reminds me of underwear for old people.

My big problem is that there are two "Source"s sitting almost right next to each other. Why not make it "Your destination for open source entertainment" or something

Nova said:
My big problem is that there are two "Source"s sitting almost right next to each other. Why not make it "Your destination for open source entertainment" or something
I vote what Nova says...

I think "Open Source Entertainment" alone would suffice, not to mention that it would also fit on a single row on my 1024x768 monitor :p

Peter R said:
Nova said:
I vote what Nova says...

I think they were aiming for this feel when they posted the phrase ;)

Sort of a play on words. Sort of...

Sphinxter said:
The grammar sounds a bit off. Source of?
Agree, and Donut Cars all around :D .

I like "Your Source of Open Source Entertainment".

Are we discussing the title bar/banner text? Because mine says "open source entertainment", and the all lowercase just depresses me, like open source is the blandest thing imaginable. In fact it tastes like a donut car.

'Source of' and 'source for' are both fine. 'Source to' just sounds grammatically poor. Also, drop one of the 'source's because it doesn't flow well otherwise. "Your Source for Open Entertainment" is okay, and so is "The Destination for Open Source Entertainment" or suchlike.

nickspoon said:
"The Destination for Open Source Entertainment" or suchlike.
Aha, capitol my good man, just the sort of gimcrack english skills I was looking for.

nickspoon said:
'Source of' and 'source for' are both fine. 'Source to' just sounds grammatically poor. Also, drop one of the 'source's because it doesn't flow well otherwise. "Your Source for Open Entertainment" is okay, and so is "The Destination for Open Source Entertainment" or suchlike.

Nova said:

:rolleyes:

Nova said:
nickspoon said:

Nova said:

:rolleyes:

Should have cited my sources I suppose ;)

Back