Doesn't clock to 1000mhz

sukhi2011

I'm having trouble to overclock to 1000mhz it freezes.

It's ok when i do cpu settings Max opp level 4 then min/max allowed mhz, max is setted to 1000mhz/min 125mhz then setted default speed to 1000mhz it freezed.

I setted cpu speed to 1000mhz and press ok the screen turned black.

Also setted 1000mhz to jag emulator it won't start at this speed.

Why is it doing all this my pandora can't clocked to 1000mhz anymore.

I'm having trouble to overclock to 1000mhz it freezes.

It's ok when i do cpu settings Max opp level 4 then min/max allowed mhz, max is setted to 1000mhz/min 125mhz then setted default speed to 1000mhz it freezed.

I setted cpu speed to 1000mhz and press ok the screen turned black.

Also setted 1000mhz to jag emulator it won't start at this speed.

Why is it doing all this my pandora can't clocked to 1000mhz anymore.
max opp4? it goes up to 5 on hotfix 6?

Running it at 1300 for so long must have broken something. You'll have to buy a new one.

The only guarantee is that it will run at 600mhz (originally 500). Everything above that is icing. There are people that can't overclock above 700 and some that can go up to 1100. OPT would be monumentally stupid to put a warranty on overclockability.

This may sound weird when i just setted it opp 5 and max speed to 1050mhz then setted default speed to 700mhz and then setted jag emu to 1000mhz it worked perfect.

When setted to opp 4 and run emulators to 1000mhz won't run but on opp 5 it does,isn't opp 4 suppose to accept 1000mhz emulators.

No guarantee on overclockability.

Nothing is "supposed to be" unfortunately, if you overclock.

When setted to opp 4 and run emulators to 1000mhz won't run but on opp 5 it does,isn't opp 4 suppose to accept 1000mhz emulators.
It is supposed to do nothing more than run at 600 Mhz. Anything above that is bonus, but it is neither supposed, designed nor guaranteed to be capable of doing that and results differ per chip.

Also excessive overclocking may decrease lifetime of your cpu.

The only guarantee is that it will run at 600mhz (originally 500). Everything above that is icing. There are people that can't overclock above 700 and some that can go up to 1100. OPT would be monumentally stupid to put a warranty on overclockability.
Yep, found on http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=6&lang=en

"Texas Instruments OMAP3530 processor at 600MHz (officially)"

so it seems that OC OP to 800Mhz could void warranty.. [but this states against information in firmware itself, that hints OC OP above 800Mhz may damage you op..]

This may sound weird when i just setted it opp 5 and max speed to 1050mhz then setted default speed to 700mhz and then setted jag emu to 1000mhz it worked perfect.

This does not sound weird, it sounds like normal behaviour based on my experiences with the 3 Pandoras I've had (2 were returned under warranty for nub/screen issues). All 3 of them required opp5 for a 1GHz clock setting to be stable.

Setting the clock won't void waranty, but settin opp level does, as it overvolts the chip.

Setting the clock won't void waranty, but settin opp level does, as it overvolts the chip.
Yes i agree with you,cpu life span decreases and it won't last very long,what can you do if you need to use opp to higher level to run things it must be done,i think my pandora looks ok and runs fine,no need to worry about it much.

I have one question with opp 4 can it run with emulators upto 1000mhz.

to overclock over 950 you need opp5

Also excessive overclocking may decrease lifetime of your cpu.

It *will* decrease the lifetime of your CPU, but in these times of disposable electronics it's debatable whether or not that lifetime decrease is significant enough to be an issue.

Doesn't electro migration apply?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromigration

Make do for now, and wait for the Pandora 2!

Thank god PSX emulation is so freakin' perfect at stock, I appear to have some overclocking paranoia.

There is no "speed for emulators", some emulators stress parts of the CPU that others don't and therefore may not overclock as high.

Back