Dont Fear Tapwave

Meonlyeviler posted on Apr 2 2004 at 12:52 AM said:
.... This thing will use SD or MMC cards(probably SD cards) so maybe we'll see some Homebrew on it, in fact thats what I'm hoping for. If we don't see homebrew I'll probably stick to Gp32, but if we do I can see this thing have a future. The one thing I can't believe is that the Gametrac is coming out in the summer and theres no real community, I tried starting a website(see sig) because I couldn't find any Gametrac websites, but its pretty empty. IMO if Gametrac releases some sort of sdk, then this thing will do great and become like gp64 for me, if not then Gp32 is still gonna be the best homebrew handheld.

Hehe, I don't actually know what I said and I don't feel like looking over it, so I'm scared at what the quotes are gonna bring :p
Many of us assume that the Gametrac will be good for homebrew. BUT that depends on how they handle the software encryption. If they require all software to be digitally "signed" then homebrew will be a no-go. It seems all handhelds are headed that way. If it is a closed system I will definetly pass on the GT, I will use the GP32 for homebrew and get a PSP for commercial games when that is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that kind of interested me is that Gametrac can use mophun games, and the mophun SDK and RTE are available at mophun.com. Hopefully they will make a true SDK though.

well i only got my gp32 just b4 christmas instead of waiting 4 PSP NIN:DS or GT coz i thought 'giv it a year or two and i will buy the handheld that shows itself 2 be the best, that way i wont be dissapointed'

Back