DOSbox v Boxer

Calm down Cas, it was the "Semantics" part 3jane was using for fun, semantically if something is compared to something as 100% they would be the same. I guess "semantically" it would have been "100% more" or as 3jane put it "200%". Just a joke as people were arguing semantics.

I agree also that DOSBox is very difficult for people who do not know DOS well. I used DOS a bit in my day and even I had some issues with DOSBox. I downloaded a frontend to make it easier. So yeah, a front end on Pandora would be something many people could enjoy. The main question is, what frontends are compatible, and who has the desire to do the work porting it. Better to find a good frontend that is for sure compatible, then ask if someone would be willing to port it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I read it as a personal attack, and felt it was an attempt to make me look stupid and still deem it so.

I see nothing wrong with my statement, people know what I mean.

I get slightly mad with people on the net who try to belittle others over the most trivial of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get slightly mad with people on the net who try to belittle others over the most trivial of things.
That was part of the joke: being petty about something so trivial. Someone else had talked about semantics, another user playfully pointed out their own incorrect statement, there was some joking back and forth, eventually you as the originally poster were brought in on the fun. I'm sorry you didn't appreciate the joke, they probably should have considered your feelings before bringing it up, but sometimes it is hard not to get carried away when you're joking among friends.

Hey Cas, sorry I caused offense... really.

WizardStan is dead on the money - we were just having digs at semantic slip-ups. Nobody was suggesting anybody else was stupid.

I see nothing wrong with my statement, people know what I mean.

Of course we all knew what you meant, but what you actually said has quite a different meaning. It was semantically wrong.

Pointing out people's silly mistakes is the oldest game on the internet. It predates the world wide web even.

Again, no offense was intended... but if you are going to participate in online discussion, you might want to invest in some thicker skin. Taking stuff so personally just attracts trolls.

Back