Dosbox

DoubleDash

I'm looking to setting this up tomorrow. I "wasted" many hours playing that game. My mate at the time practically abandoned his wife whilst we played it for hours!

Has anyone run this on the pandora yet. I'm just interested to know what sort of performance to expect. :)

DoubléDash said:
I'm looking to setting this up tomorrow. I "wasted" many hours playing that game. My mate at the time practically abandoned his wife whilst we played it for hours!

Has anyone run this on the pandora yet. I'm just interested to know what sort of performance to expect. :)

If you mean cnc:ra, there is no need to use dosbox someone has already ported openra for pandora. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58123-openredalert/page__view__findpost__p__935817 :)
If you're more of a nod fan then sucks cause openCNC, is not ported yet. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it partially running but it's asking for the CD which I did mount, and installed from it. I'll try naming the CD mount.

@soulanger

Yeahh it was the NOD stuff I was interested most in, the nostalgia of replaying that game :)

@mcobit

Is is the original minimum spec that is too high, or something else about it that causes sluggish performance?

Just as a quiet reminder: there is a PS version of both CnC1: Tiberian Dawn and CnC2: Red Alert. Its interface was cut down from mouse-based to be gamepad friendly. Works rather well i'd say and the games do support the PS mouse.

StarG said:
Just as a quiet reminder: there is a PS version of both CnC1: Tiberian Dawn and CnC2: Red Alert. Its interface was cut down from mouse-based to be gamepad friendly. Works rather well i'd say and the games do support the PS mouse.

Good call. Thanks StarG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back