DPAD falling off

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
Hi there,

After playing a lot of games, solely using the DPAD to control, I have found my DPAD is falling off. It looks to me like there are four connection points where the DPAD gets held down, and mine is now just hanging on by the bottom one.

Could anyone advise the best way to fix this? It is still very usable, and doesn't cause any major problems, but I get the feeling that a little bit of the right glue, or something along those lines, will allow me to stick down the other three connection points, so the DPAD is firmly attached once again.

If my problem isn't clear enough, please let me know, and I can get a photo taken and uploaded.

Many thanks for your help,

Steve

Yep, they're simply attached with some crazy glue, so should be fixable with one.

Be sure to only use a tiny drop of it and don't let it get anywhere on your keymat.

In worst case I could easily send you a new keymat with dpad already attached.

@EvilDragon: thanks for this. Could you confirm if this product would be suitable: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/360463252986 also, I am not much of a DIY person, so forgive the stupid question, but do you recommend I put tiny blobs of the glue into the holes on the underside of the removable plastic part of the DPAD, or on the tips of the nodules that the PAD connects to? Maybe it makes no difference at all, but I figure you might have a recommendation that works best..!

@EvilDragon: thanks for this. Could you confirm if this product would be suitable: http://compare.ebay....ke/360463252986 also, I am not much of a DIY person, so forgive the stupid question, but do you recommend I put tiny blobs of the glue into the holes on the underside of the removable plastic part of the DPAD, or on the tips of the nodules that the PAD connects to? Maybe it makes no difference at all, but I figure you might have a recommendation that works best..!

Hard to tell whether this will work, we tried different brands and sometimes it was the cheapest no-name one that worked best.

I recommend putting the drop on the keymat and pushing the DPad down onto it.

I'm just now having that same problem. Is it best to wait until all of them have become detached or all but one? Mine only has the left and up connections attached, and I'm not sure if it's worth doing the repair now or waiting until there's further detachment before going in.

Depends if you think you can level it up enough to get access to putting the glue on the right spot or not. Sounds to me that with only two adjacent points connected, you probably can (but my d-pad is still firmly attached, so I haven't verified this).

Depends if you think you can level it up enough to get access to putting the glue on the right spot or not. Sounds to me that with only two adjacent points connected, you probably can (but my d-pad is still firmly attached, so I haven't verified this).
I'm likely to be able to get at them, it's just that I'm not sure that I can make the connection good enough. And I'd hate to be in the position of filling those holes with glue and then try to figure out how to unfill them. ;)

I think, I'll likely stick it out until the third one falls out, then repair it. At this point, it doesn't appear to be causing me any control issues. But, without knowing how exactly the connection was made originally, it's a tough call. From the looks of it, there's a foot on the bottom of the top part that goes into the holes in the mat, but I don't want to look too closely and cause the thing to fail prematurely.

I recommend putting the drop on the keymat and pushing the DPad down onto it.
You'll have to ask ED what he means by that.  I don't have my keymat out to refer to, but I guess the holes are the nodules that push down onto the PCB when you push down on the d-pad.  I wouldn't expect the d-pad to be affixed there, but I don't think I've ever seen the underside of the Pandora d-pad, so I couldn't say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back