GP2X Dragon Force Clone Anyone?

wipeout2000

Website
Visit site
Okay, Although most people have probably never touched a sega saturn game Ill try to give some background info. Dragon Force was probably one of the best Sega Saturn games of all time. It was a 2d strategy/rpg game where the object of the game is kind of like risk where you have to take over other nations except with more rpg elements and a lot A LOT more addicting. If anyone is familiar with this game I would like to know 2 things:

1) Is it possible to recreate on gp2x.
2) Would anyone be willing to work on it (If i can give them the graphics for the game.)

If you have never heard of this game it would be interesting to check it out. It is honestly one of my favorite games ever and it would be awesome if i would be able to play it on the go. It was brought over to the US by the legendary Working Designs (Lunar Rpg People).

Is this the game you're refering to? here?

Looks like a very cool game. Being a predisessor to playstation 1, it may not be too impossible to stimulate. The GP2psx is almost there.

I just wish I could develope for the GP2X, I would do your game!

Edit: stimulate

Saturn, a predecessor to the PSX? What, by two weeks? And have you even taken a look at the current state of Saturn emulation? Another ridiculous claim... please learn what you're talking about first LJ :rolleyes:

As for dragon force, it is a great game. There were a lot of games somewhat similar to it on the Saturn, combined they were only one of its saving graces. It's certainly possible to recreate, but as far as anyone willing to do so... :)

LordJohnnie posted on Mar 27 2006 at 05:53 AM said:
Is this the game you're refering to? here?

Looks like a very cool game. Being a predisessor to playstation 1, it may not be too impossible to emulate. The GP2psx is almost there.

I just wish I could develope for the GP2X, I would do your game!

Well I know emulating sega saturn on gp2x is definitely impossible. I am talking about a clone / recreation of the game. It is a pretty big task but I'm hoping other people out there have the same love for the game as me. Its an all 2d game but it does use a large amount of sprites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon force was a fantastic game. I never played the first one, but the second one was one of the best conquer the land simulations I've ever come across (in terms of fun, if not realism). Just the way of commanding troops, and the sheer variety of them was amazing.

I've a suspicion, though since I've been saving it for when SNES emu is actually good enough to do mode 7 fast on the 2x I don't know, that Tactics Ogre is not dissimilar, although not as detailed I imagine.

A Dragon Force based clone would be amazing, though. Be cool if someone takes it up.

iignotus, you're ruining Johnny Depp's reputation with your L J fetish. (Are you tracking my posts?)

PSX emulation was once a "ridiculous clam."

If you're going to stalk me, be nice.

Edit: clam. mmmm clams

LordJohnnie posted on Mar 27 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
iignotus, you're ruining Johnny Depp's reputation with your L J fetish. (Are you tracking my posts?)

PSX emulation was once a "ridiculous claim."

If you're going to stalk me, be nice.
You're a dumbass. Plain and simple. I bet we'll be able to get xbox 360 emulation on the gp2x, just so long as we virtualize everything!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it iignotus, you're like a lost puppy that won't leave me alone. I'm quite flattered actually.

I'm a dumb ass? Instead of commenting on the topic of this thread, you're polluting it with your childish atittude. Out of nowhwere you say "you're a dumbass." Thats embarrasing. I'm very sorry wipeout2000, I appologize for the childishness that iignotus is bringing to your thread. He is very bitter toward me and wants to act like cartman from south park, with about the same IQ.

If iignotus wants to throw insults at me, he can be a little more mature and send me a PM instead of attacking me in whatever thread I write in.

And besides, you're comments aren't funny. If you want to say something, tell it to your friend first, if he likes it say it, if he says "shut up, you're an idiot," DON'T say it. Just for your info.

Ask someone else about the word "virtualize," because you've shown absolutely no worth in a civilized intellectual conversation.

Somewhere, Johnny Depp is laughing at you and so am I.

Whatever you want to say is fine with me, LJ. You've already proven your intelligence. And that's not Johnny Depp. Cheers :)

Johnnie, please learn the meaning of the word emulate, because as usual you're either using it incorrectly in this context, or you're clearly incorrect in your assumptions about the difficulty in Sega Saturn emulation. It's has been discussed in great detail why Saturn emulation is not possible. It has been consider from every conceivable direction, and it's just not happening. As usual here is your Wikipedia link. As you can plainly see the Saturn has a ridiculous number of processors that make emulation of the system a very intensive task, well beyond the abilities of the GP2X. Iignotus is absolutely correct in what he's saying. The original poster was well aware of this to as he is calling for a Clone or Remake of Dragon Force, and you're the only one who's got it wrong. Expect people to continue to correct you as long as continue to confuse the concepts of emulate and clone.

I know exactly what the words clone and emulate mean. And i want to clone Angelina jolie and Johnny depp in the SIMs and have them emulate sex while I WanX to them. All in the name of science.

Might I remind you that this thread is about the video game Dragon Force. Where's the respect for a person's thread? Please keep your posts on topic, otherwise you're just being about as lovable as a Matrix sequel.

You derailed this thread in your first reply where you said it would be possible to emulate the game, when CLEARLY the intent of the thread was to talk about cloning or remaking the game. When iignotus pointed out the ridiculousness of Saturn emulation you argued against him. When wipeout2000 clarified that he was talking about a CLONE or a REMAKE of the game NOT EMULATION, your next post says “PSX emulation was once a "ridiculous claim."” which obviously is going against the entire point of this thread which is to discuss a CLONE or a REMAKE of Dragon Force. So unless your next post is either (A) an apology, or (B) Thoughts about a CLONE or REMAKE of Dragon Force, it's going to be pretty clear to everyone who the problem is.

In case you don't know It's you.

I love love love love love love love love love Dragon Force. I would definantly make a clone of it for the Gp2X if i could. Dragon Force makes me want to Force some Dragons to [censored] ALL NIGHT LONG.

*puts thread back on the rails as it isn't a thread but infact a train. Just ask DijiTao*

If Dragon Force was a food from McDonalds, I would get hideously obese. Its that delicious.

I'M LOVIN' IT

And for your information, I didn't say rediculous claim, i said rediculous CLAM. Get it right.

Cheers (is a good place for a drink after work.)

(DijiTao is kinda like a Diji-mon. A Diji-mon with enough green to pass as puke.)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Heh, I gotta admit, that was kinda funny to read, if nothing else...

dragonforcemembers6zs.jpg

Back